Chapter five: Clashing of swords

Chapter five:

Clashing of swords

As I fought I could see or enemies fall. I battled a young man. He looked about fourteen. He fought like a young man. Using all his strength at the beginning and not waiting to use it for a harder challenge. I fought hard. Sweat poured down my back as I blocked every swing. "You fight well for a woman," He sneered. "You fight fine for a child," I snapped. He growled low in his throat. That is when he made the mistake as to lunge at me. He lunged with full force, and then my reflex kicked in. I jumped to the right and he tumbled to the ground sending his sword in one direction. I walked up behind him with my sword pointing behind his neck. He tensed and dared not move.

Just then the crew relaxed and the enemy ran off. Father came beside me and stared at the whelp. "What should we do with this rat Captain?" I asked. "Master Jacoby, put this pup in the brig," He called. Jacoby tied his hands behind his back and dragged him to his feet. I sheathed my sword and watched him. "You bloody pirates. All of you will be hanged and executed. That girl will belong to his majesty. You all belong to his majesty and you will all answer to him for your CRIMES!" He screamed. He was dragged below deck. "What was that about?" I asked. "He is probably a spy on that ship. He was seeking us most likely. The spies always say we belong to his majesty," Father answered.

He walked away giving orders to the crew. Still I pondered the boy's words, "That girl belongs to his majesty," What did that mean? "Helena, are you alright?" Talon asked. He ran up to me his sword still drawn and a bit covered with blood. "I am fine. I can see you are alright," I answered. I looked at his face he seemed very concerned, but then it changed to something different. He ran off somewhere else. I ran over to my father who was now getting the band to play two hornpipes again. "Father, can I go see our prisoner?" I asked. "Of course darling, be careful though," He said. I went below deck. I ran into to Jacoby who was muttering. "Jacoby what's wrong?" I asked. "That bastard has been talking gibberish," He growled. He went up on deck. I turned away towards the brig.

The boy was sitting on the floor with a scowl on his face. "Alright boy what is all this nonsense you are going on about?" I asked. "I only answer the questions of my future king, not a filthy bitch like you," He hissed. "Well this bitch has just kicked your ass. Now what is it you are going on about?" I said sitting down on a stool. "Prince Thomas prince of Great Britain and the bravest of all the men in Europe has graciously given me orders to find this ship and to report back to him if I am not caught," He growled. "Well here is a flaw in your gracious prince's plan. You got caught, and now he will never find us or you," I snapped.

He scowled. "Listen here you bastard what do you want with me?" I growled. He remained silent with a scowl on his face. I stood up and grabbed a bucket of water and threw it on his. He tumbled back spatting and sputtering. "Answer me!" I yelled. He still scowled and remained silent. I stormed back up on deck. I walked over to father still steaming. "How did it go love?" He asked. "The stubborn bastard; he only said that we all belong to his royal majesty. He told me that the prince sent him on that ship to find this one, but nothing else," I grumbled. "They usually don't talk until they have a bit of persuasion. Meaning that they can't take being in that small cage so they crack. We promise to let them go if they tell us everything," He said.

"He better crack soon or I will have to kill him," I said. The music started up again and everyone began to drink and dance. I drank some rum to calm my nerves. After a while the crew slowly went below deck to the hammocks to sleep. Father kissed my forehead and bid me good night. I headed towards my quarters when I noticed Talon by the mast. "Are you not tired?" I asked. "No I am tired but not tired enough to sleep. I was hoping we could try that dance again," He said. "You're really not going to get that dance tonight," I said. He just smiled and headed below deck. Suddenly a wave of affection washed over me.I suddenly felt bad he had to sleep in a hammock in the cold with a bunch of snoring pirates. "Talon, do you want to sleep in my cabin tonight," I said. It must have been the rum talking. I had drunk two bottles. "That'll be nice," He answered walking towards me. We entered my cabins and then everything was a blur.