Chapter seventeen: A wedding for pirates

Chapter seventeen:

A wedding for pirates

I waited in my room. I locked myself in there. I didn’t allow Clarisse in who stood at the door yelling at me. “Let me in Helena!” She shouted. “Not a chance you bitch,” I yelled back. Finally the guards opened the door. Clarisse ordered me to remove my clothes so she could put the wedding dress on me. I refused. “The only person that gives me orders is my captain,” I barked. “You will put on the dress or I will have the guards do it for me,” She said. I took the dress and went into the other room. I slipped it over my clothes. I looked in the mirror. You couldn’t even see my linen white shirt or my brown leather boots.

I sat down and she did my hair and fixed my dress. The only thing she could not do was makeup. “I may be getting married, but I would rather fall off the balcony than wear that shit,” I said. I saw she was going to bark in protest, but she gave up when she realized it was pointless. The escort to the carriage was as if I was being taken to the tower of London. Guards surrounded me. I went into the carriage. Clarisse, Sarah, and Emma sat with me in their own fancy attire. Sarah looked at me. She looked sympathetic. “Helena…” She said. “Sarah I will not have you ruin this day with your nonsense,” Clarisse said cutting her off. Sarah recoiled in her seat. She was silent the rest of the way. When we arrived I was placed in a room that was very plain. A door separated me from the ceremony.

The door opened and the prince walked in. “I know we haven’t talked or seen each other much, but I thought we would talk a little before the ceremony,” He said. I remained silent. “I know you don’t like me that well, but if we are going to be married then we should at least be friends,” He continued. “I will never be friends with a soulless cross bred asshole,” I said. “Have it your way,” He said. He left leaving me to me. Suddenly the door opened again and Sarah walked in. “What do you want?” I snapped.

“I want to ask for forgiveness for all the years of abuse I have given to you. The only reason I was mean was my mother told me to and I was jealous of how beautiful you were,” She confessed. I was shocked at her confession. “Sarah you do not need to be jealous of me. You are beautiful. Not matter what your mother or father say to you. I have heard them tell you horrible things, I forgive you,” I said. She hugged me tight and thanked me. “If I could I would trade places with you to save you the pain,” She said. She left. I could see now over the years I had known her all she wanted was to leave. All Sarah wanted to leave her home for good. I realized that these children of the demons wanted to leave because of how much they abused them and pressured them into things.

Suddenly the door opened. “The ceremony has started please make your way in,” A servant said. I took a breath. I knew now there was no hope for me to see my friends and father. If I tried to escape I would be killed, but if I didn’t I would probably die of loneliness. There was no escape which meant no hope for me of living again on the sea. I walked in and down the aisle. Everyone was dressed in their fine attire. I hated them all. They were the ones who taxed everyone for themselves.

I looked forwards and saw the bishop facing a golden cross. Thomas waited to the right of him. Suddenly something brown caught my eye on the cross. I stared at a brown leather flask. It looked like the one Jacoby use to carry. I shook my head. It was mostly likely in my head. I reached the altar. Thomas took my hand and we stood before the bishop. He turned around to reveal a familiar face. I saw a pair of familiar brown eyes and a scar shaped like an ‘X’. Talon smiled at me. Suddenly the doors to the church exploded. Dust polluted the air. A shape of a tall broad man walking in appeared. The dust cleared and I nearly fell into tears. “A gracious good mornin’ to all you asses, for those of you who don’t know me I am Captain Edward Teach. Blackbeard,” My father said.

Jacoby, Jumma, and the crew appeared behind him. Talon walked past us removing his robes to reveal his regular cloth. Everyone gasped in shock. “Excuse me your highness, but we must acquire something from you that doesn’t belong to you,” Talon said. He placed his fingers to his lips and whistled. The crew fanned out and attacked the guards. Guests ran around. Ropes fell from the roof pillar and five of the crew men slid down them. Talon grabbed my belongings from a guard and tossed them to Jumma who ran to the ship. He turned to me and put his hand out to me. I hesitated. “Come on!” He urged. I quickly took it and he grabbed the rope. As we went up a crewman went down on the rope. We reached the pillar. I slipped the dress off and threw it to the ground.

“We need to go,” He said. I slapped his cheek. He looked at me. I was about to slap him again, but he caught my hand. “I don’t love Alice. I thought I did until I met you,” He said. I jerked my hand away and grabbed his shirt.  I pulled him close and kissed him. “Now were even,” I said. Jacoby joined us on the rafters. “Did I just see what I thought I saw?” He asked Talon. Talon shook his head. We went to the window. Talon grabbed my hand. “You ready?” He asked. “What” I asked. Before he answered we jumped out the window. We landed on a familiar black horse. “Cassia” I said. Talon grabbed the reins and I smacked Cassia on the rump. Cassia bolted off with the crew behind us.

I looked in my saddle bag. I saw what I was looking for. I saw my golden medallion glisten in the sunlight. I slipped in over my head and around my neck. “How did you find me?” I asked. “After you were abducted Cassia ran back to the ship and was frantic. We started to interrogate the British soldier we had captured two months ago. He said he was sent to find you so the prince could marry you and capture us. So we devised a plan to break you out during the ceremony,” Talon shouted.

“I have the best horse in all of Europe,” I said. We made it to the ship. I leaped off. My father came to me and embraced me. “Father I have to tell you something,” I said. “It will have to wait love we must ship off now,” He said. I watched him run to the helm. We quickly left the dock. We were heading south away from the dock. I looked back and saw three ships heading towards us. “We won’t be able to lose them. We will have to fight,” I said. Suddenly another ship pulled up next to us. I looked at the captain. “Axon” I said. “Aye lass I am here to help,” He said.

 I came to my father gave me a look that meant to prepare for battle. “Load the guns,” I yelled. The men went below deck and went to the cannons. “Let loose the anchors, you blooming’ cockroaches!” I ordered. “That is some friend you’ve got Talon,” I said handing him a rifle. Suddenly a blonde haired woman passed me. I turned and saw her running away from me. “Sarah what are you doing here?” I asked. “Damn it I thought you wouldn’t see me,” She said. “I left my mother. She has treated me like shit for too long and I want something better than a husband in New Forest,” She was dressed in black linen pants, a black vest and white shirt. Her boots went to the middle of her shin. “No matter what happens stay below deck in the stables,” I ordered. “Aye Captain” she said. Jacoby chased after her. “I forgot to mention that she came with me,” He said.

“Jacoby you sorry ass you will pay for that,” I said. He turned to me and shrugged. “Leave it to Jacoby to bring a woman aboard,” I said. “I actually saw her take Jacoby’s hand and follow us,” Talon said. I rolled my eyes and I went above deck and saw that the British ships were almost on our tail. “You might want to prepare yourself, because hell is about to break loose,” I said.