04 | Ari

song : boom clap / charlie xcx

I was running away from Sophie, my sisters and that disgusting flashy restaurant with weird food. People stared at me shocked as I passed them, their faces frozen upon hearing my harsh words. I just kept going forward, pushing the doors open and inhaling the cold air, my heart pumping like crazy.

I finally did it.

'Ari!'

I looked up to see Noah waiting for me, leaning on Janis. The only people who can sit on it beside me are Rhys and him, which is the reason I rented it to him for tonight. Good thing I did that because I wouldn't have anyone to give me a lift. Rhys and Duncan were off limits for obvious reasons and Cade was visiting his grandparents in Harrisburg.

I ran up to him and leaned on my bike, not wanting him to see my face. I was still shaking with rage, the boiling in my skin slowly increasing with every passing second, like a hot wave before the complete destruction.

'What happened?' he demanded seriously, throwing the cigarette on the ground and stepping on it with the heel of his boot.

For once he wasn't snapping at me which almost made me laugh even though I really wanted to hit something while crying or cry while hitting something. I didn't know what to do, I felt helpless so I just blurted it out.

'Sophie wants us to move to England because she got promoted.'

His arms came around me and I put my forehead on his broad chest, inhaling the smoke and the deep essence of his old leather jacket.

Despite bickering and insulting each other on a daily basis, he and the guys were my family since the moment I met them. We don't do this very often, but something on my face must've alarmed him or else he wouldn't hug me.

Noah nudged me toward Janis and I climbed on behind him after asking if he's been drinking. My current state wasn't perfect and no matter how possessive of my motorcycle I am, there's no way I'm driving like this.

Wind ripped through my hair as we drove down deserted streets under the starry sky, my arms loose around his torso. The feeling in my chest wasn't uncontrolled rage anymore, but as if I've gotten rid of nasty handcuffs that have been keeping me back all this time.

If this was what freedom felt like then I never wanted to go back, never wanted this drive to end...

Sadly it did. We stopped in front of my house and I looked back to thank him when I suddenly stopped. His cobalt blue eyes were staring at me filled with understanding and ferocity and for some reason there was a gentle tug in my chest toward him. The next thing I knew his lips were on mine and my legs were wrapped around his hips and he was carrying me inside.

We crashed down on the sofa moaning, my fingers wandering through his hair while his hands pressed me closer, tighter.

It was hot and it felt good, even though somewhere inside of me I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but the moment was too good to pass on so I didn't stop when his fingers went underneath my shirt and pulled it over my head, throwing it away.

I welcomed it all, the heat and the excitement brewing in the pit of my stomach. My hands were sure when I found the hem of his hoodie, but just as I was about to tug on it he suddenly leaned back, panting. His cobalt eyes were huge, the look on his face changing from lust to determination.

'Ari,' his voice was hoarse and the way he said my name sent goosebumps down my arms. I sat up, not bothering to cover myself because I still had my bra on.