18 | Snow (part 1)

song : american authors // i'm born to run •

'I'm honestly contemplating between scolding you or walking away like I've never seen it,' Belle yawns behind my back on her way to the bathroom.

I ignore her and plop myself on the kitchen chair, dropping my head in my palms. I feel like someone repeatedly hit me with a hammer.

'Mornin' girls! I know you're hungry, sammiches should be done in a minute so hang on a little more. I'm going to change,' Sophie greets us cheerfully and disappeares in her room. 'And one of you should wake up Ari!' she adds, closing the door softly.

Belle will gladly do it, but she's gonna exaggerate and pretend she was forced to do it. We all know she loves pissing off Ari.

'Oh well, I'll handle that,' Belle pauses, sighs gravely, and bangs on Ari's door several times before Ari curses her and starts to unlock the door.

Yeah, she has a habit of doing that 'cause we kinda forget to knock like, always, and for some reason it's a huge problem.

The Sleeping Monster herself opens the door and pushes Belle out of her way, groaning when she realizes breakfast isn't ready yet.

'I'm taking the bathroom!' she announces hoarsely and marches inside, shutting the door in Belle's face, who quickly drops the preppy mask and starts to panic.

'Ari! Get out!'

There a low grunt, as if a wild animal couldn't be bothered more. 'Wait your turn, idiot!'

'Sophie!' Belle cries, checking her wristwatch and banging on the bathroom door again, just in case. As expected, nothing happens.

'Sammiches are done,' Sophie says, carefully avoiding Belle who looks like she might get a panick attack, and opens the microwave.

She slides the plates on the table and, humming under her breath, sits down to eat. I happily dig into my own, texting with Tate.

Apparently the Chess club is coming to London in two weeks for a competition, and as he's the leader of it he has to go. He said that maybe he'll jump on a train to Liverpool as they have a whole day to explore the city on their own.

'Ari! Breakfast is ready!' Sophie calls for her, pouring herself a big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.

'Yeah well...hang on now!'

'Belle, just sit for the fucking table,' I groan at her after she does a fifth circle 'round the room, waiting for Ari to leave the bathroom.

'Language!' Sophie sing-songs, biting into her veggie sammich and opening the BBC app on her phone. She says it's the only news channel she trusts.

'I can't sit, I have to get ready.'

'You ain't gonna 'cause Ari's inside. And if you keep buggin' her she'll stay in triple long,' I snap impatiently, my eyes burning holes in the back of her head.

'Ugh, I hate it when one of you two is rigt. Fine,' she finally sits down and bites in her sammich, narrowing her eyes at me suddenly. 'What's wrong with you this morning?'

'It's just that...Fisher's at us this week, and I'm so tired all the damn time. The projects take away all my spare hours and me and Ren haven't had time for a single date.'

'Oh, that's bad. But, it's not an excuse for your horrific hairstyle.'

I look up at her. 'Thanks Belle. Not everyone has a spare hour in the bathroom every morning.'