13 | Ari

song: rock and roll music / chuck berry

I'm officially screwed.

The big maths test is today and the only thing I did to prepare for it was to ask Snow to show me a few basics last night when we came back from the party.

Speaking of the party, I know something happened between her and Ren because there wasn't usual chirpness in Snowy's footsteps, or laid-back line in Ren's features.

Of course, as older sister (by eight minutes but still) I was worried the worst happened, that she told Ren she's a bi. I mean, Ren's cool and all, but I don't think she feels the same about Snowy. I heard from Becca that Ren used to hook up with guys too often, being a perfect example of a party girl. That way she kept distance from her workacholic mother who was too busy to sit down and talk to her daughter from time to time.

Back to the Big Test.

I'm not the person who usually exaggarates because she didn't study for some test (except if it's history, of course), but since coming here I realised that if I score some good grades here, I'd be closer to the universities I want to go to. This is a private school for God's sake, and if anyone has a chance to snatch a university opportunity, it's us.

So it's kinda big deal for me to get at least D+ or else I can say goodbye to my future as a person who wants to pursue a career in history. And that would suck 'cause I really want to achieve it.

"Why so glum sister?" Belle's voice breaks my chain of thoughts.

Looking up I see she's gracefully devouring her breakfast which consists of protein bar and porridge. It makes me want to puke by only seeing her enjoy it like it's the most delicious steak in the world. Yuck.

"Because not ev'ryone gets to live a life of a movie star dear Belle," I answer sarcastically, standing up to hit the bathroom and comb the messy thing on my head called hair.
Shrugging, she averts her eyes back to the fashion magazine opened up in front of her.

Sophie comes in the kitchen, murmuring something to herself. She glances at our table and stops abruptly, peeking at her wristwatch.

"Is Snow still asleep? I swear if you don't wake her up I'll do it my way. You have five minutes and then I'm intervening," she announces, pouring herself strong black coffee.

With a groan I crawl to her room, banging on her door.

"SNOW! WAKE UP SLEEPING MONSTER BEFORE I GO IN THERE AND RIP THE SHEETS OFF OF YOU!" I yell murderously, sounding like a hysterical woman on steroids.

There's a pretty loud thump followed by 'ouchie' and by that I know she slept on the edge of her bed again, and therefore, fell. I wonder how her ridiculous brain comes up with such ideas. Then again, it's Snow we're talking 'bout. She has more crazy in herself than all of us combined.

The door open and Snow comes out resembling a shit hit by a bus.

"Wha'? It's Saturday Ari and I'm tired as hell. Can't you just leave me alone?" she whines with irritation written all over her sleepy face.

"It's Friday doofus. Oh well, my work here is done. Now if you'll excuse me," I trail off and cross the room towards the bathroom.

As soon ad I see myself in the mirror I realise I might've judged Snow's looks too hard. To make this face look any close to normal will take an hour.

Ah, better get started then.

"I can't believe you don't remember me and Amelie sneaking the two of you into your appartment and past sleeping Sophie! We deserve a fucking medal for accomplishing it in the first place," Becca complains during the lunch break when she finds out the party night was still a huge blur in my head.