17 | Belle

• song : easy lover / phil collins •

"Tell me again why I didn't get drunk and passed away in my room?" Ari whispers to Tony when we step out of the car, thankfully gulping giant amounts of air.

Instead of ordering the limo or a bigger car we all had to squeeze in Sophie's tiny car. Renée even had to sit in Snow's lap but I don't think either of them minded it.

"Because Sophie would've taken extreme measures to ground you?" he suggests equally silent, fidgeting in his old tux.

Out of all of us only me, Sophie and Wyck really look like we belong in here.

Sophie is in her emerald green gown I helped her pick and it goes very well with her ginger hair. She locks the car and motions for us to follow her and stop gawking at the building.

It's beautiful rectangular building with massive amount of windows. Now during the night it's lit with reflectors that make it look like a hotel right out of everyone's wildest dreams.

Of course, Ari immediately commented it looks like snobs prison. We all ignored her and hurried after Sophie.

The man on the entrance smiles and opens the doors for us.

"Welcome to Britannia. Have a nice evening ladies and gentlemen."

"Thank you sir," I reply and accept Wyck's extended hand in a white glove.

I still don't know why he said yes when I stopped him this morning after French. When Sophie said we need escorts for the assembly I thought I was going to die.

There was absolutely no one I'd like to take with me. If Mike were here the choice would be obvious. But he isn't so I had to find equally good alternative.

The idea struck me during French. Madame called Wyck Accosta on board to do a conversation for DELF B2 with one of the classmates.
The goal was to pretend they were high-class citizens who are talking about a popular works of art.

The person brought some papers with her but Wyck was empty-handed and did it brilliantly, almost as I would've. I was determined to ask him to be my escort.

I noticed that even though he hangs out with that loud and obnoxious crowd Ari and her company hang with too, he's completely different.

Not only is he gorgeous (alright, all of them are in some way), but he's quiet and well-mannered.

So when I asked him to come he just wanted to know time and place.
And that was it. He came earlier and literally took my breath away with his attire.

As soon as we enter Ren, Snow, Ari and Tony split from us and shock the crowd with their appearance. People start whispering among themselves and Sophie's cheeks redden. She ushers Wyck and me to meet some of her colleagues and I put on my best smile.

To say I was amazing was an understatement.

I receive so many warm smiles and polite answers that I feel like I'm in heaven. All of it, from sparkly champagne to music and clothes - all of it was like a dream. I've never felt so good in these days that we've been in Liverpool.

"Sophie, dear. Oh and this is one of the triplets? My, pleasure to meet you darling," an old lady in Balenciaga gown extends her hand and I politely shake it, putting in all the lessons I taught myself. Sophie's smile widens when the old woman nods in approval.

"One of the rare young people these days who knows how to behave. You're lucky to have her, Sophie.  Belle, isn't it? And who is this?" she asks and averts her gaze to Wyck.