1: Sudden encounter

Mel's p.o.v.

"Come on Jason! Give me that damm popcorn!" Jennifer yelled at Jason while chasing him in the apartment. Jason was just running around like a kid with a big grin on his face. Me and Brendan were just enjoying the free show from the couch. Brendan has become pretty close the past few weeks, he always hangs out with us. He's such a sweet guy, it's really a shame for the female population that he is gay.

"How can you keep up with him?" I asked Brendan. He just shrugged.

"He's cute when he does it." He said. Brendan and Jason are so cute together, they fit perfectly. Jason being the impulsive one and Brendan the calm one.

"Ah! Jen! Why you hit me?!" Jason yelled all of a sudden.

"You deserved it!" Jennifer said before sitting back down on the couch with the popcorn.

"Babe, she hit me!" Jason said rubbing the spot on his arm where Jennifer had hit him.

"Come here my little panda." Brendan said to Jason, hugging him tightly on the couch. I smiled at Brendan's nickname for Jason.

"Can we finally start watching the movie?" Jennifer asked a bit annoyed.

"You're just jealous Jen!" Jason said to Jennifer.

"No, I'm not!" Jennifer replied.

"Yes you are!"

"Ok, here we go!" I said happily, trying to end this discussion before it get serious. And believe me, it can get serious with these two.

"Yeah, Beauty and the beast! That's our favorite Brendan." Jason said to Brendan.

"Shut up! It's starting!" Jennifer whisper-yelled.

The next day

Standing in a line isn't fun...not fun at all! Why are there so many people here? I get it, it's noon and everyone wants something to eat but why do they all come to this place? It's like the whole city is here. Ok maybe not the whole city but at least 20 human beings.

Melovely🦋:
Help guys!
I'm going to die!

The Jason❗️ :
You're not going to die!
Remember that creepy woman who once said
that you're going to life long and happy?

Jenjen👺:
Don't overreact!
Just wait your turn!

Melovely🦋:
How do you know where I am?

Jenjen👺:
It's always the same
Every time you go see your therapist you go there

The Jason❗️:
Yeah
You're getting predictable

Melovely 🦋:
I'm anything but predictable!

Jenjen 👺:
Your not

Melovely🦋:
Oh thanks!
FRIENDS!

When it's finally my turn I order my usual salad, with chicken. I take my seat and start eating my lunch. I just came back from a session with DR. Geiselhaft. Today I had to talk about my fears. Well of course I told her about the usual things like the spiders, red paint on white clothing, seeing Chris again...

I honestly don't know what I would do when he'd walk in here. I don't know, probably hide under the table then wait for the right moment and flee. Yeah, that's exactly what I would do.

"It's not good to run away from your fears Mel. Sometimes you have to face them." I recall Dr. Geiselhaft saying that. Well I did saw a spider on the way here and I didn't scream, so that's an improvement!

So I was just scrolling through my phone when I picked up a conversation of two girls at the table nearby. And what can you do when you are a bit bored? You just listen... to my defense, they were talking really loudly. I had followed some classes, trying to learn the German language.

I almost choked on my salad when I heard the word 'avengers'. What are they talking about? Don't start panicking Mel! Maybe you misheard.

But then I heard words like 'jetzt' and 'hier' which mean 'now' and 'here'. My heart started hammering inside my chest. No, Mel! This is just a dream, any minute now you will wake up and find yourself in your comfortable bed...

I suddenly lost my appetite so I went to the garbage to throw the rest of my lunch away. Turning around I bumped into a muscular guy wearing a black cap and sunglasses.

"I'm sorry." I said, stepping aside, ready to go away. I need some time now, I need to calm down first. Maybe a relaxing bath or something...
He interrupted my thoughts by saying something, something that made my brain crash.

"Mel?" He said, a familiar voice... oh shit! No! This can't be true, I thought I left this all behind.

"What are you doing h..." he started but I cut him off.

"You never saw me, understood? And you're not telling anyone!"