16: Balloons

Mel's p.o.v.

What happened? Why is everything dark? And do I have such a headache? I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted by balloons, lots of them. Balloons? Why are there balloons in my room....this is not my room!

'Get well soon!' One of the balloons said. Get well? I gasped, finally understanding where I was...in hospital! How did I even get here? Last thing I remember was me making cupcakes and then...

"Oh, you're awake!" A voice said, making me almost jump from shock. "Sorry I startled you!" The boy said. I knew him from somewhere...I've seen him on the set before.

"I'm Tom by the way, Tom Holland. Nice to meet you officially." He said with a smile. "I should probably get Chris. Last time I checked on him he had almost broke down the reception." Tom said scratching the back of his neck. With that he left the room, leaving me alone with all the balloons.

What's going on here? Breaking down the reception? What's Chris doing? A knock on the door brought be back out of my thoughts. From behind the balloons a man around his forties showed up with a friendly smile on his face.

"Hi, I see you're awake. How are we feeling?" He asked, leaning on the railing of the bed.

"Still a headache." I said with a little smile. "What happened?"

"You fainted, apparently. We did some blood test and saw you have Hypoferremia." He said, looking down on his papers.

"Hypo...what?" I asked confused. I was never good with those scientific names and now with this headache I couldn't think at all.

"Oh, my bad." He said with a smile. "It means iron deficiency."

"Oh, so nothing serious?"

"No, just add some more iron to your diet like spinach, carrots, nuts..." he said. "You got some special friends." He added, gesturing to all the balloons.

I laughed. "Apparently."

"And Captain America out there is causing quite a scene." He said, taking a seat in the chair where Tom was not long ago.

"How?"

"He's like threatening the lady behind the reception but Bianca is a hard one to crack. I guess he's a very good friend?" He asked.

"Boyfriend." I said with a sly smile. Feeling myself go warm on the inside saying this.

"Ah, that explains a lot. I would be worried too if you were my girlfriend. Now, I would love to chat but there are other patients waiting for me. I'll inform the nurse to make everything ready for your departure." He said, standing up from the chair.

"So nothing serious, you're sure?" I asked again. I know I should trust him but I've watched too many doctor series already. I know they always keep something from you.

"Iron deficiency is nothing to worry about, lots of people have it. And you don't have to worry, it won't affect the baby." That's the moment my heart stopped.

The baby?

Chris' p.o.v.

"What do you mean 'I can't help you any further'?" I asked in an angry voice. These people were getting on my nerves! I've been standing here for more than an hour now and they still won't tell me what's wrong with Mel!

"I'm sorry Sir but I can't fill you in on Miss. Foster's condition, you'll have to wait for a doctor." The lady behind the desk said. Oh she's just enjoying this, isn't she?

"Listen to me very carefully..." I started, feeling my blood boil in my veins.

"Ok Chris, why don't you calm down a bit and sit with us for a moment?" Scarlett said, placing her hand on my arm and pulling me towards the others. I slowly started to calm down once I took my seat.

"Hey everything's going to be ok." Seb said, squeezing my shoulder lightly.

"Thanks." I said, leaning back against the wall. "I just wish they would inform us about her." I said in an annoyed voice.

"Guys! She's awake!" Tom said, sprinting towards us.

"What?" I said, standing up quickly and smiling. I quickly went towards Tom.

"But there's a doctor in her room right now." Tom said but I was already on my way towards her room. I don't care if there's a doctor or not, I want to see my girl! Before I could enter her room, the door opened and a guy that looked like a doctor exited.

"Oh Mr. Evans, nice to meet you." He said with a smile.

"Is she ok? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong, just some iron deficiency. She's just fine just make sure she eats more iron." He said with a smile. A wave of relief washed over me, she was ok, that's all I had to know. She's ok.