17: what to do?

Mel's p.o.v.

I'm pregnant. The sentence I kept repeating on and on in my mind, I'm pregnant...I can't be pregnant! I...we just did it...you can't get pregnant from one time without...can you? My head was still pounding and I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. I can't be pregnant!

A knock on the door of my room brought me back from my thoughts. I was back home, the doctor said it was not necessary to stay in the hospital so Chris took me home as soon as he could. Chris...what's he going to do when he finds out? He will...no, he can't know.

"Hey Mel, are you ok?" A familiar voice said, sitting down next to me on my bed. A hand started rubbing my back. "Are you crying?" Chris asked in a concerned voice.

"I...it's probably just the shock." I said, quickly wiping away the tears that had started to fall down. Chris softly took my hands and placed them in my lap. He used his thumb to carefully wipe away the tears on my cheeks.

"The shock?" He asked, his piercing blue eyes locked with mine.

"I just...I was thinking the worst for some time, you know?" I lied.

"You don't know how I was feeling Mel. It felt like my world came crashing down. I...I can't loose you. I was so worried..." I cut him off by kissing on his lips. He really cares about me. I can't loose this by me being pregnant! It will ruin everything.

"Come, your brother made something to eat, with lots of iron in it." Chris said with a smile, taking my hand and pulling me towards the kitchen.

"He stopped working?" I asked in disbelief.

"Of course he did, you're his sister. In other words way more important than his work." Chris said with a quick kiss on my lips.

"Ah, there's our patient!" Harry said with a grin.

"Aunt Mel!" An overjoyed Dylan shouted, running my way and hugging me for death. "Are you better now?" He asked.

"Yeah, everything is better now." I said with a smile. Except for the little human growing inside of me, everything is fine... "I'm just a bit tired." I said to him.

"Come Dylan, we're going to eat." Harry said. "Sit Mel." He said to me, gesturing towards the chair. Dinner was nice, just me, Harry, Dylan and Chris. Chris never let go of my hand and kept rubbing circles on it with his thumb during the whole meal. After dinner I excused myself and went back to my room. I needed some sleep. The headache was still there and I couldn't stop thinking about...the situation.

I didn't even know if Chris wanted children. What if he didn't want any. Maybe he wants children but not this soon. Before I could go on with my doom thinking Chris entered my bedroom. That night he slept with me, holding me in his arms and hugging me tightly. I felt at peace, sleeping in his arms but a part of me wasn't at peace. A part of me kept thinking about the baby and what Chris would do when he found out...

The next morning Chris had to go to set but he promised me he'd be back in the afternoon. This was my moment to go and visit the doctor...

"Where are you going?" Harry asked from behind his laptop. Even though he wasn't looking at me he could still see me.

"Nowhere...just getting some air..." I lied. He can't know about the baby, I don't know how he would react.

"Shouldn't you rest some more?" He asked, closing his laptop and staring directly at me.

"I feel much better actually. And being locked up in my room isn't healthy." I said.

"Ok." He simply said, standing up from his seat. "I'm going with you." He said with smile.

"Oh, you don't have to do that! Beside you have your work." I tried to convince him not to go with me. Actually I should be happy because this is the first time in a long while he stopped working for me.

"Nonsense! I told you I would make time for you and Dylan! So come on, let's go out for a bit." He said with a happy smile. Oh god...

"Harry look, I just want to go alone ok!?" I almost yelled at him. Where was that coming from?

"Mel are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine! I just need some time to think." I said, feeling the tears already burn in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away but was surprised by a hug from Harry. We said nothing, we just stood there, hugging.

"I know Mel." He said.

"You know...what?"

"About the little human growing inside you."