Say Yes To The Dress

"You have got to be kidding, Ava." I whined like a child as she dragged me over to the SUV that waited for us outside the garage. Mila other other hand was happily skipping her way to the SUV with the brightest grin on her petty little face.

"Can't you both run along together without me by your sides. This way, all will enjoy." It was a failed attempt to negotiate as both of them just spun around at the exact moment the words escaped past my lips and gave out the loudest gasp.

"Oh, no no, child you must seriously be joking." Mila stared in disbelief. "Pinch me, Ava." Mila extended her arm towards Ava.

"Only if you pinch me." Ava replied.

"You two have got to be shitting me. A person can't be this dramatic." Astound, I couldn't actually believe they were on this.

"We're dramatic?" Mila questioned shocked, to which my answer was a simple nod. "Oh baby child, we're going dress shopping and you're saying to leave the bride behind?"

"Well-"

"I'm not listening to your well, but, or and whys! You're coming means you are coming." Ava just cut me off and continues dragging me. Mila giving Ava a hand by pushing me from the back.

Two of the best pack guard we sent with us. One took the drivers seat and the other sat down on the passenger's seat. In the back, Ava sat it first and pulled me in. She went  to the left side and I sat in the middle. Mila came in last, sitting on my right.

with the close of the door, Ava turned to the driver's seat,"Oliver, take us to Maria's Bridal store."

"Yes, luna." With that, he pulled out of the driveway and onto the road.

"I'm so excited!" Mila squealed out as she put her seat belt on. I just sunk back into the seat. I hated shopping. I mean I did go grocery shopping once in a while but the lord knows how it has been since I went dress shopping. I shivered in disgust. Everything I own now in the clothing department is because I begged Mila on my knees to buy something for me while she was shopping for herself. I might have even black mailed her with the snoring like a pig video when she was immensely drunk at the age of eighteen.

"Why do you hate shopping so much?" Mila nudged me on the side with her elbows.

"I just don't like it, I guess?" Making up a quick excuse didn't fool Mila, but she did dismiss it. I knew myself the real reason as to why I hated it.

I hated it because it just our thing. My mum and I. We used to go shopping together and have an us time. No one else. And since their death, I just couldn't  get my self to go without mum. If I did go, I'll just be remembering her and break down in the middle.

"Whatever the reason, darling, we will have to go. You're getting married in a week!" Ava said as she got off her phone.

"I'm know right! Who would've thought you'll get married." Mila snorted out.

"Shut up."

Mila rolled her eyes at me before leaning forward ,"Oliver, would you mind turning on the radio?"

"Not at all." With the radio on, I buried all the thoughts at the back of my mind before trying to enjoy my time for everyone's sake.

•••

It was as if by the snap of ones finger, we arrived at our destination. As Oliver parked the car, we began unbuckling our seat belts. Ava got out the car first, followed by Mila, the guards and then at last myself.

"Cheer up." Mila said as she looped her arm in mine and started walking towards the entrance.

The inside was white and bright. The wedding atmosphere was so clear. At the left were the beautiful white dresses in every style for the bride to be and other colourful ones for what I guess was for the bridesmaid. To the right were suits and tuxedos, nearly tailored for the males.