A Secret Lair

I tried my luck one last time as I stared up at him, "yeah because I wasn't tired." The corner of his lips lifted to a smirk as he offered me his hand.

Confused, my gaze shifted from his outstretched hand to his face multiple times before I submitted, placing my hand slowly in his big and warm one.

He helped me as I stood up next to him feeling a little tipsy, "now what?" I wasn't getting him.

"It's better that I show you, " he stepped away, letting me pass in front of him whilst still having my hand in his warm grasp.

"Why weren't you this delightful when we first met, Rafeial?" I wondered out loud as I laughed a little, remembering the painful encounter, "I think you broke my rib that day."

"I have no remorse over it, Miss Murdock, I'll do it again, " the gravity in his words made my footsteps falter and he noted the change, "if the circumstances ask for it."

"What circumstances exactly are we talking about here?" I hesitantly asked as a new unnerving feeling set in the pit of my stomach, my hand abandoning his.

"If you give me a reason, I would not hesitate to act accordingly." There was an edge to his tone. His cold eyes left me and he stepped in front, leading the way without sparing me a second glance.

I silently followed him as he led us outside the cabin, the bitter chill of the night nipping at my exposed skin, "Where are we heading, Rafeial?" I was getting more sceptical of his intentions the closer we got to the lush forest. 

"I'll give you a choice, " he turned his head the slightest, looking at me from the corner of his eye, "either follow me with your lips sealed or you know where your room is." The crisp leaves under his shoes wailed as he walked over them, entering midst the sketchy wilderness.

I did halt at his subtle threat, thinking it over but his disappearing back made any plausible thinking jump out the window and I shamelessly jogged in his direction, fearing I'd lose him as the forest swallowed him.

"Your hunger for answers will be the death of you," Rafeial let out without looking back at me.

"At least I'll die with answers." I shot back, completely dismissing his warning for me to keep my lips sealed. The silence was his response as he ignored my being behind him. 

The only commotion was from the hooting owls hidden deep in-between the thick branches, the grasshoppers and the twigs and dried up leaves beneath our feet. It was like that for a painstakingly long time before I decided otherwise, "you should have told me we would be walking to fucking Narnia. I would've stayed." I grumbled, my legs pleading to give up and just lie down for a moment or two.

"Narnia doesn't exist, Miss Murdock-"

"That's the point, Rafeial! I reckon you're just making me walk to nowhere just to see me in misery, you sick fuck." I pointed an accusing finger at his back even though he couldn't see me.

"Well, I did give you a chance to go back and I'm giving you an option once again, " he sounded as if he was deliberately trying to get on my nerves, "sit right here and wait-"

"Shut up and keep walking, Slade." My ears picked up his quiet chuckle. He truly has me vexed.

I kept following him in a lethargic manner without an utterance for the next ten minutes, my lips sealed until he halted, my body almost bumping into his before I caught myself.

"Finally, we're here, " I moved from behind him and walked to stand right next to him, looking at what seemed to be an empty clearing, "and where exactly are we?" My questioning gaze moved towards Rafeial, observing his face for answers.