Start Counting Your Days

"I can feel your fear," Silas came closer to me, bending down to match my height, "it makes me the happiest mate alive." His whisper sent chills down my spine as his warm breath brushed past my face.

"I'm not afraid." I made it sound like a statement, trying so hard not to display my weak and scared side.

Silas laughed out and walked a few steps away from me, "aren't you convincing."

His facial expressions suddenly got hard and focused, his eyes staring into the nothingness behind me. He was contacting through the mind-link. It took him only a few second to finish and get that sinister smirk back on his lips, "I'm gonna spoil you for the upcoming three day." He sounded like some cute mate or boyfriend but I knew the darker meaning behind it.

The sound of multiple footsteps took my eyes off of Silas and towards two males, dressed casually, "What can we do for you, alpha?" One of them asked.

Silas turned to them, "tie her up."

"Are you serious, Silas, do you need a pair of glasses. Look at me!" I shouted near the end, exasperated with the events.

The two men also looked confused before Silas, in annoyance, sighed, "I mean hang her up, you buffoons," he lightly growled.

It didn't take them another moment to do as they were told. My nerves were jumping, small droplets of sweat began surfacing on my temples.

I thought he was going to end me publicly.

Silas gave me a long stare before walking to the left corner of the cell. My gaze followed him to a table where he was examining multiple tools and it wouldn't take Sherlock to tell me those were used for torturing.

I felt the rope loosen around my body and I readied my limbs to make a run for it, "don't even think about it. It cut your legs off." Without even passing a single glance at me, Silas threatened me.

"How can you say I was about to do that?" I rolled my eyes at at him, trying to mark him wrong for assuming. He looked over his shoulder at me, "We're mates, I would always know your steps even before you take them."

The rough touch on my arms diverted my attention the the ones picking me up from the chair, "oi, I can stand up myself." I tried to push them away but they gripped me tight and pulled me up. The one on the right lifted up my right arm up high; it was then I took notice of the shackles hanging from the roof.

He took a handkerchief from his trouser pockets to hold the shackle, which I didn't understand until her secured them onto my wrist. The burn started almost instantly, the fire slowly creeping from the wrist to the arm. I blinked twice to make sure I wasn't actually on fire and I was correct, it looked just like any other metal, silver in colou-

It's fucking silver.

I internally let out scream that would probably deafen many if I used my voice to express the pain. I held it in just so I could prove to Silas that I wasn't weak.

The man on the left did the same thing and it was hard to even stand on the tip of my toes.

Both my hand were in hell and its fire would slowly snake around my arm and eventually my whole body. Tears stung my eyes and I bit my tongue to keep it all at bay.

"That would be it. Get out now." Both of them were gone before I could even breathe out.

"Does pain frighten you?" Silas suddenly asked, walking slow steps towards me.

He stopped a few feet in front, facing me as he looked me up and down and genuinely smile, "you don't know how accomplished I feel right now, looking at you, struggling to even stay on your feet. Years of hunting you down have led me to this moment." He sounded as happy as a kid in the sweet shop.

"Why didn't you reject me? Why still be my mate when you want me dead." My low, vulnerable voice cause him to chuckle, "Darling, why would I want to make my mate go through such a terrible experience."

He stepped closer, raising his hand and caressing my cheek with his knuckles. The instant he did, I felt the sparks. Goosebumps covered me all over and a chill ran down my spine. I closed my eyes, relishing the feeling I wasn't lucky enough  to experience with Silas as my mate.

"How could I be inconsiderate enough to strip you off of this?" He took his hand away and I opened my eyes to his face so close to mine, "that would be heartless of me," his voice was a whisper.

The pain of silver on my wrist was long ignored and my heart was throbbing hard against my chest. All of me went haywire when both his hands cupped my face, his thumbs rubbing my cheekbones, his jaw was tightly clenched with conflict, grey eyes staring into mine with an expression I couldn't quite figure out, "that wouldn't make me a good mate." He took me by surprise when his lips capture mine with such softness I didn't know he possessed. I shut my eyes almost instantly, sinking in the pleasure.

Our lips moved perfectly together, it felt like a dream. I wanted to wrap my arms around him but when I tried I couldn't.

The moment of realisation hit me with a brick and my eyes flew open, but before I could move back, his hands were already behind me, "It's still so easy for me to manipulate you." He chuckled and grabbed my braid with his fist and pulled it back, forcefully tilting my head.

His hand movements behind my head got me panicking and screaming bloody murderer at him, "What the fuck are you doing?" I started struggling, desperately trying hard to free my hand to use them as I heard the blade slicing through my hair. Small pieces of hair started coming forward in front of my face and I struggled even harder, jiggling the shackles, giving it my everything to just break off but fate wasn't at my side.

Silas finally moved back. I was horrified to see my braid in his left hand and a knife in his right, "What did you do? Silas, what the fuck did you do!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs, trying to get close to him to break his skull, but once again, the chains on my wrist restricted me.

"Don't you think I deserve a medal for finally having you where I've always wanted?" He held my braid up, wiggling it in my face as a mockery.

"No!" I shouted out in disbelief, shaking my head, bringing my short new and unwanted hair all in my face.

"Well, too bad." He shrugged his shoulder and walked behind me.

I turned my head to allow my eyes to follow his movement but sadly, my head couldn't turn all the way, "Why are you cowering behind me, aren't you alpha enough? Don't you have the courage to attack from front? Afraid that I'll beat you up if you do so?" I tried my best to get him where I could see him. I was fearful of him being behind me as he could do anything to me and I wouldn't even be able to fight back.

"You stabbed me in the back, not front," a loud shriek escaped me when he pierced a knife in my lower back and left it there.

"In your last three days, I'm going to repay you all the pain," he stated, walking away from me and out of the cell, "after I get all bandaged up from your work on my back, that is." He locked the cell door himself and looked through the bars right at my heavily breathing self with my head hung low, "and I didn't reject you not because I sympathise with you, but because I want to maximise your pain," I could hear his animalistic side in his tone of voice which compelled me to look at him through hooded lashes, "or you could see that as me sparing you from another rejection. I think once is enough."

***
Hello there, Brave Lights, this is more of a filler chapter which I really hope you like. You're feedback on it would be appreciated to no ends.

So don't forget to kick the votes and comment your thoughts.

Fan and share.

Follow me for more.

I'll see you in the next chapter, until then...

Truly yours; J.N.Light.