This Is It, Isn't It?

I didn't do anything to stop them; I didn't do anything to stop my death because now I knew it was inevitable.

From a young age, I accepted the fact that I'd die one day but what I didn't expect was to be dragged to my death by scar-face and my mate.

Alex, here, politely offered to get me to the pack grounds as Silas led the way. He held both my hands behind my back and after every ten seconds or so, Alex would give me a harsh push and now I was annoyed beyond limits, "I swear to the fucking gods, if you push me one more time, I'll dig your grave right here and push you in it before I die." I spoke through gritted teeth.

Maybe the thought of death was finally getting to me. It made me nervous, no doubt, and I seemed to be channelling out my nervousness through anger at the imbecile as he's not even letting me have my last moments in peace.

It was silent as we passed the trees and I almost thought Alex listened and decided not to bug me, but guess who was wrong.

Alex kicked me in the back of my knees, making me tumble down on the ground, landing on my knees, "this is fucking it, you bitch!" My voice was raised as I turned around on my knees and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine.

His hands freed mine as he held himself in pain and I stood up, ready for more but Silas' hands pulling me back stopped me from handing his arse to him.

"Stop acting childish, both of you!" He stood between Alex and me, "Alex, get out of my sight," seeing his anger surface, Alex disappeared, muttering curses under his breath, "same to you, you motherfucker!" I shouted out.

"Can't you behave for once, Aulora?" Silas questioned, his anger slowly dispersing.

I let silence be my answer as Silas went behind me, holding both my hands in one of his with a  firm grip. There was still that initial shock of sparks as his skin came in contact with mine, reminding me of my cursed fate by having him as my mate.

We started walking at a slow pace as if taking our time.

"How did you get out?" Silas questioned all of a sudden, his voice calm, something unnatural.

"That's a secret I'll take to my grave." I was not going to tell about how someone just walked into Brutal Banes, shot someone and possibly, walked right out of here unharmed.

"Talking about your grave, where do you want it? Lila wanted to throw your body away but I, your loving mate, talked her into giving you a grave." I could feel him smirking.

"Oh please, you're nothing but some pathetic piece of shit I stepped in." I scoffed out.

"You sure about that? You don't want me as your mate?"

"Have you been deaf this entire time? I don't want anything to do with you, having you as a mate is like paying for a grave sin I never even committed."

"Then, wouldn't it be rude of me to deny your dying wish?" Silas' words puzzled me, but he cleared my confusion before I even asked him to do so, "I, Silas Orman, reject you, Aulora Murdock, as my mate."

It didn't even take a fraction of a second for my soul to react. Pained erupted throughout my body as if someone had just pulled out my organs, one by one, and now they're snatching my soul out.

My skin burned and I can't believe I'm saying this, but all that torture seemed like nothing at the moment. And as this hell rained down on me, instead of scream parting my lips, words made their way through, "Silas fucking Orman," I had the nerve to laugh out my pain.

My legs couldn't hold me up anymore as I fell to the solid ground on my weak knees, my hands were flat against the dirt, digging into the earth to somehow relieve the pain. The short strands of hair caved my face in as I lowered my head in pain.