Chapter Three

Harry POV

It came as a slight surprise when Draco didn't start spouting off things about purebloods and how great they are, along with his father and how horrible the Gryffindors are. Rather, he calmly spoke about who his parents are and what they are like. 'It seems I am already affecting the time line, which is a good thing for me. At least, I do hope it is. Then again, this could just blow up in my face. Literally or not, that could be a potentially bad thing in the end.''

"Draco, who is this you are speaking with?" the calm, soft voice broke me of my musings, and I looked up to see Narcissa Malfoy, Lucius standing just a little bit behind her. I caught his gaze, as he studied me. I wanted to laugh at the startled recognition in his silver eyes. I looked back over at Draco who was grinning at his mom, different pieces of cloth floating around him still.

"This, mum, is Harry Potter. Harry, that's my mum and dad, who I had just been telling you about. Hey, mum, dad, can Harry come with us to get supplies?" Draco calmly walked up to them, having finished getting the robes made for him, and I took his place. There was a hint of uncertainty and suspicion in Lucius' eyes as he once again gazed over at me, as though he was trying to figure out a really difficult puzzle. Then he came up to me and extended his hand, which I calmly took and gave a firm shake.

"It's a pleasure, Mr. Potter, I am Lucius Malfoy, and next to me, is Narcissa. I would be pleased to have you come along with us, so long as it is okay with whoever is your guide today." 'Wait, why didn't he introduce Narcissa as his wife? He stated his last name, even though I obviously already knew what it was, so why not continue stating the obvious and say Narcissa Malfoy? Strange... oh well, I'm sure I will find out eventually. Until then, where did Severus go?'

"I am quite okay with him going with you." 'Ah, there he is.' I glanced over as he walked towards us, a bag in his hand, most likely delicate potion ingredients if he didn't shrink it. 'He probably just went into Knockturn Alley.'

"Severus? How did you get to be Mr. Potter's guide? I expected that oaf Hagrid, considering who Mr. Potter is." There was shock written on Lucius' face for a split second, before going back to a blank mask. Something a person with no experience in observing probably wouldn't easily catch.

"Yes, well, Mr. Potter here somehow learned of my connection to his parents and ended up asking the Headmaster if I would be his guide today. I had no real choice in the matter." Severus frowned as the tape measures around me turned into different cloths.

"Indeed." Was all Lucius said along with raising a perfect eyebrow, before walking over and gracefully sat in a chair to wait. Severus scoffed, before turning towards me. We stood there staring at each other, Draco talking with his mom, before the cloths changed to robes and folded themselves into a bag and was shrunk. I handed Madam Malkin money for them, before returning to the group.

"Okay, where to next?" I asked, looking to Draco.

"Books, I do believe. Is that alright with you?" Draco looked from me over to Severus, then looked over to his dad.

"Let's go then." I gave a smirk, before walking out the door.

"Wait up, Harry!" I slowed my pace, Draco easily falling into step next to me, "where have you been living up to now? I heard people say you lived with your only living relatives, but I would prefer to hear it from you."

I glanced at him, before looking back in front of me, "I lived with my Aunt and Uncle." I felt his gaze on me, as I spoke. 'There was no way I would tell him absolutely everything. I don't want people to know about the abuse, nor the nightmares I still have.'

"I see. Are you going back there after we are finished shopping here then?" I smirked.

"That is something only Snape will know."