Chapter Eighteen

H POV

I give a sideways glance to Draco, who nods nearly imperceptible. We had this all planned, with me doing most of it. Draco's only job is to get me out of the dorm without suspicion from others. Seeing his nod, I blink back at Pansy, who was talking about what she wants to do over the summer break. Letting out a yawn, I move myself out of the chair I was sitting on.

"Sorry guys, I'm pretty tired, I should go to bed if I want to wake up in the morning." Blaise gave a small nod, while Pansy chuckled. Draco simply blinked, before I waved goodnight and left to go to our room.

Exactly 20 minutes later, I am headed back down to the common room, draped in the invisibility cloak. I can hear Draco standing from his seat as I reach the last step of the stairs. I continue walking, letting the cloak brush his arm slightly so he knows I am there.

The plan so far has gone pretty smoothly; I claim to be tired and return to our room, then 20 minutes later I leave with the invisibility cloak. This is where Draco comes into play.

"I'm going to go see if the kitchen has any snacks, you two want anything?" Draco spoke up, glancing between Pansy and Blaise.

"Nope, I'm still full from dinner." Pansy patted her stomach with a slight smile.

"No, but Draco we just ate two hours ago." Blaise frowned, probably wondering why Draco is getting more food. Draco simply shrugged.

"It's mostly for Harry, since he didn't eat at dinner time. He skipped lunch as well, or did you not notice?" He sighed, "I'll be back in a few, don't wait up." he headed towards the door of the common room, slipping out while holding the door open for an extra half second, just long enough for me to quickly exit behind him.

This part of the plan was so no one would question why the door was opening and closing on it's own. Draco is also going to actually head to the kitchens and get some food, since I won't be back until late and will probably be a little hungry. Skipping both lunch and dinner helped to make this more legitimate.

I followed silently behind Draco through the halls, before we go our separate ways when we reach the top of the steps. We are both pretty confidant that this will work, and if it doesn't we have a plan b ready, as well as a plan c.

I walk swiftly, needing to reach the room before the golden trio does. I need to have my timing just right, or else it wont work. I remember how quickly the harp stopped playing when we had reached the room, and I need to recreate that without knowing exactly what time the harp had been made the first time around. Pausing before the door, I take a quick breath of air and slip my wand from its spot in my pocket. 'Okay, I have an estimated 10 seconds before Fluffy realizes someone entered the room. That should be plenty of time. I practiced the spell last night to make sure I could cast it. It was easier than I expected it to be. I need to go inside now.'

Pushing the door open, I keep to the wall as the door closes again. Pointing my wand at the spot the harp should be, I whisper the spell. I can hear Fluffy starting to growl as the heads turn to try and see what opened the door.

"O cithara." I watched as the harp appeared, and it started playing a second later. I stayed where I was, listening to it's breathing slow down as it fell asleep. It only took another 30 seconds before Fluffy was fast asleep and I deemed it safe to exit the room again. 'In about 30 minutes the harp will stop playing. The trio should arrive in roughly 28 minutes. I will have to wait out here until they get the stone.' Sitting on the floor across from the door, I make sure the cloak is covering all of me before slipping back into my mind, searching for the piece of Voldemort inside me.

3rd PPOV

The hurried steps of three people could be heard coming near, before they stopped in front of the closed door where they knew Fluffy would be waiting for them. Ron was nervously looking around, while Hermione quickly opened the door. Neville held a flute at the ready, about to start playing, when the sound of a harp reached their ears. Confused at the harp, and already sleeping dog, they shrugged and began to move the large paw off the trap door it was protecting.