Chapter Four

Harry POV

"You are sure you're okay with eating here? I mean, it's not exactly an upper class establishment. I figured-"

" Of course we eat here, Harry, they have the best food around." Draco interrupted me, rolling his eyes in the process. I nearly laughed, but simply shrugged instead. After entering, we automatically went towards a private booth and sat down.

"Harry, please, tell us a little more about yourself." Lucius spoke, after glancing at the menu. 'Okay, so far he knows who I am, what else should I divulge?'

" My favorite color would have to be black, and my favorite food is treacle tarts. I also find Quidditch is rather enjoyable." as I talked, I looked at Lucius, not breaking eye contact. 'The fact that he seems even more intrigued by me is amusing, to say the least.'

"I see." Lucius' expression didn't change any in his reply, not very shocking.

The rest of the lunch went on with small banter, mainly between Lucius and Severus while Draco attempted to get more information out of me. I found his attempts rather endearing, really. Then soon enough we had to depart so that Lucius could make it to his meeting on time, though I'm pretty sure his meeting is with the Dark Lord, and not a client.

Watching them leave, I turned to Severus and made sure my expression was completely closed off. I suppose now would be a good time to have him take me to my new home.

"Snape-"

"AHHHH!!!"

Just as I was going to say something, a huge explosion went off a few buildings from us, causing both Severus and I to be thrown to the ground from the force of it. Using the fact Severus was still on the ground and coughing, I quickly stood and ran in the direction of the chaos.

Severus POV

I slowly stood back up, still slightly coughing. 'What in the name of Merlin is going on? Wait, where did Potter go?' I glanced around, worried, though not wanting to admit being so. I then decided the best place to look would probably be where the commotion is. Running towards the place everyone else was running away from. I honestly felt slightly ridiculous, running towards danger. 'Where on earth were the Aurors? No matter, my main concern right now is Potter.' I came to a halt, my mouth falling open into a rather unseemly gape. Ignoring all the still frantic people, and completely destroyed stores, there were about five death eaters. And all five of them were attacking a boy all at once while he tried to protect a small family behind him. Looking closer at the family, I'm pretty sure it was the Lovegood family.

"You stupid brat, get out of our way! Those pathetic things need to be put out of their misery!" The death eater in the front yelled out harshly, still firing off spells at the boys shield. Looking closer at the boy, I nearly gasped, and gasped some more. 'Potter? Bloody hell, what does that boy think he is doing?! But... how is he even holding his ground like that?' I stood, continuing to watch, though I should really have been interfering in the fight.

"Shut the hell up! You know nothing about these people!" Potter yelled out, throwing a rather dark curse at the man. 'Neither do you, Potter. Or do you?' I continued to watch as he started to distract them with multiple spells, as he searched through his pockets frantically. 'What is he looking for?' His expression was that of pure concentration, then I saw a sixth death eater sneak from his hiding place behind Potter. 'Damn.' Acting quickly, I ran towards Potter, shouting out a spell at the hidden death eater.

"Sectumsempra!" The hiding man automatically fell to the ground, screaming in agony.

"Snape." Potter greeted, slight panic in his expression, before pulling what looked to be a simple silver ring out of his pocket. After muttering a few words, the shield around us grew slightly and became a ton stronger than what it previously was. I raised an eyebrow at him, wondering what he was doing, when he blatantly turned his back on the death eaters to speak with the Lovegoods. 'Is he secretly an idiot?' I saw one of the men angrily flick his wand towards us, only for the spell to bounce right off the shield. 'How strong is this shield of his?' I ignored my curiosity for the moment, instead watching him speak with the other two in the shield. A few moments later, he is handing them the ring, muttering a few more words, before they disappear. 'A portkey? Why and how does he have one of those? And where did he just send them off to?'