Chapter Seventeen

Harry POV

I re-entered the room I shared with Draco, noticing he was finally awake. He looked over at me with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"Where have you been at this ungodly hour in the morning?" He rolled off his bed, sliding on his slippers, managing to do it rather gracefully.

"Delivering the letter to him." I bent down to grab to grab my books for class.

"I do hope you used one of the barn owls, to arouse less suspicion."

"Of course I did, Draco. Now, get ready so we can go get breakfast." I smirked over at the silk clad Malfoy, before leaving the room again. I heard him huff before the door closed and I went towards the common room.

I walked in just in time to hear Pansy groan and stuff her face in her hands.

"What's wrong?" Sitting down, she looked back up at me with a small frown.

"Harry, the finals are in five days, five days."

"Yeah, and why are you groaning over that?" She just groaned again before covering her face, Blaise giving out a soft sigh.

"She's worried about failing them, despite the ridiculous amount of studying she has done up to this point. And we all know she will keep studying up to the very last second. She has no need to worry, but refuses to listen." Blaise, shutting his book on healing, looked up at us in exasperation. I held back a small laugh, simply rolling my eyes instead.

"The exams shouldn't be that difficult, we are only first years after all." 'If my memory is right, the NEWTS were only slightly difficult. I won't have any trouble this time. At least, Pansy shouldn't have trouble either with her extensive studying. Anyways, this also means I will be getting the stone very soon. I need to make sure there are no kinks in the plan, and that I know what the backup plans are just in case something does go wrong. I doubt that will be the case.'

Draco strutted down to the common room a few minutes later, and we all quickly left for the Great Hall.

Sitting down, I placed a few eggs on my plate, and some orange juice.

"I am pretty confident in my potions, but it's DADA it's what I am worried about the most." Pansy sighed, grabbing a banana.

"Why not have Harry help you? He's at the top of our class. Actually, I am pretty sure he's at the top of our year." Blaise suggested, Draco nodding in agreement.

"That's true, but how much help could that be with only five days left?" She replied after swallowing, hand reaching out for the pancakes.

"Actually, it could help a lot, I could be a very good teacher." I smirked, starting on the one egg I had grabbed.

"That's true. Alright, it's worth a shot." She flashed a smile at me, just as the morning post arrived. I straightened my back, paying more attention. The wave of owls hid the one owl I asked to deliver the letter, to keep curious kids from noticing. I continued eating, absentmindedly, while Quirrell opened the small letter. There was a wave of curiosity coming from him, as he read the note.

Voldie POV

I had been idly watching Potter while sipping on the cup of coffee I asked for. I couldn't figure out why, exactly, I have been so concerned about the boy lately. It was when I almost gave up watching him for the time being, that I noticed his back straightened and he kept on eating. 'Why is he so interested in the owl's? And why hasn't he noticed yet that Pansy just filled his plate with eggs for the second time? She looks a little too proud of herself to finally have him eating more. And as good as it would be for him to eat, it's entirely unhealthy for one to eat more than they are used to, in one sitting like that.' I blinked, my train of thought interrupted by a small piece of parchment being dropped on the table in front of me. Curious, I cast a few detection spells to see if it was harmful in any way. After finding it clean, I opened it, not really expecting to find the words written down.