Chapter Sixteen

I buried my nose into the books I was supposed to be studying for the upcoming exams. 'This is bothersome. I don't even need to study, but I can't just tell them I have this stuff memorized. That would bring up more questions.' I suppressed another sigh, turning a few pages to make it look like I was reading. I was halfway turning a fifth page when I heard a harsh whisper coming from two tables down. Looking over, I see Granger stabbing a finger at a large book and looking rather proud of herself. Longbottom and Weasley looking a little put off by her excitement. 'They finally figured out who Nicolas Flamel is, then. Which reminds me, there had been a meeting of sorts between Severus and Quirrell tonight. I wonder if that will still happen? I could always check-'

"Harry Potter!" I jerked back to the present, seeing Draco staring me down with a frown.

"Yes, Draco?" I let the words slowly tumble from my mouth, not wanting to make him even more upset, we would be thrown out of the library then.

"What in Merlin's name is wrong with you lately? You've done turned twenty five pages in that bloody book without even so much as glancing at them!" Pansy nodded at Draco's words, Blaise just sitting and calmly watching Draco hiss at me.

"Oh. Sorry, I have a bit of a headache and your yelling isn't going to help it any. I can only read this stuff so many times before it gets overly redundant." I bit back, before standing up and stalking from the library.

Draco POV

I groaned, burying my face in my hands. 'Way to go Draco, tick off the one person who care about more than anything else. Aside from Blaise and Pansy. I care about them too, but I care about Harry more. Wait. No. That's not right. Bloody hell.' Letting out another loud groan, I held back the urge to bang my head against the table. Need to keep as much dignity as I can. 'Why has he been so...distracted lately anyways? Hopefully there isn't something terribly wrong going on that he isn't telling me about. Or anyone else about. He needs to talk to someone about things once in awhile. Maybe he will talk to me,' I let out a small snort, 'Right, maybe when Voldemort actually wins this stupid war. This is pointless, I need to go after him. Maybe not the best idea, it would be bad if he actually started to throw hexes at me.'

"Is Draco going to be okay?" I heard Pansy whisper to Blaise, who I assume shrugged due to the lack of an answer.

"He probably went crazy the moment he met Harry. I hope he at least know that Harry isn't interested in him like that. Harry would probably be more interested in Voldemort, if he had a body."

"Of course I bloody well know that! You don't have to remind me!" I quickly stood, slamming my hands onto the table.

"Be quiet or I am kicking you out, is that understood?!" We all blinked, looking over at Madam Pince, who was glaring at us.

"Yes, Madam Pince." Blaise answered for us, forcing me to sit back down, "Listen Draco, Harry will be just fine. Give him some time to figure out whatever it is that has his mind in another world. I am sure that you realize there is a lot he isn't telling us, or anyone really. Maybe you should try talking to him about it. You're the one he's more open to out of the three of us." Blaise packed his books back into his bag, the study session long over.

"Maybe you're right. I should at least try. We share a dorm for heaven's sake. He has a silencing spell on his bed every night, I only know that because I could sense it one night I needed a drink. He's always in bed after me and up before me." I also packed my books, Pansy doing the same. We walked out of the library, not saying anything else until we drew closer to the common room.

"I think that you should at least try, Draco. The worst he could do is hex you, and not say anything." Pansy smiled, going to her dorm. Blaise gave a quick pat to my shoulder before also disappearing to his dorm. Taking in a deep breath, I stepped into the room I shared with Harry.