Chapter Five

A/N - This chapter is a flashback chapter to explain how Harry went into the past. I hope that clears up any confusion.

I heaved a small sigh, watching Malfoy sit at his house table. Sometimes I actually think he makes eyes at Luna, but then other times he is making eyes at me. I don't understand him at all.

"Looking at your wannabe boyfriend there Harry?" Ron sneered over at me, which I only returned with a small glare, "oh wait, that's right, Malfoy would never even consider dating an ugly halfblood like you."

Ron swiftly turned away from whispering at me, engaging rather loudly in a conversation about Quidditch with Dean and Seamus.

"Harry, you really should eat more, it's not healthy to only eat a piece of toast." Hermione smiled as she placed eggs and bacon onto my plate. It was unfortunate that the smile didn't reach the glare in her eyes. I returned her smile with a small one and a shrug.

"Sorry Hermione, guess I am not feeling very well. I think I will just go see Pomfrey."

"Should we go with you, mate? Wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you on the way there." Ron had turned back to me, a concerned expression on his face that fooled everyone but me.

"No, I'll be fine Ron. Thanks though. Meet you in the common room later?" Standing, I glanced at my friends.

"Sure, Harry. Just be careful, okay?" Hermione's eye just twitched, I think.

"Of course. See you later then." I didn't get a reply as I walked from the great hall. I soon altered my course and headed to the Room of Requirement instead. Flopping on the sofa the room created, I let my eyes drift shut and escaped to inside my mind. It's not that I have occlumency shields or anything like that, far from it actually. No, what is in my mind is him. I have been able to feel him since my first thing of accidental magic. It was like something in me simply snapped.

Maybe it was whatever had held his presence at bay, probably something Dumbledore did when I was still an infant. It also told me exactly what it is, or rather what I am; a horcrux. Unfortunately though, that was the first and last time he has said anything.

When he did tell me that, I decided to do some research on what a horcrux is, and found out Voldemort had split his soul.

In the end I came to conclusion on just who it is that's in my mind. Of course, no books actually said Voldie split his soul, I had figured that out by putting all the pieces together. How he was able to return, and the diary.

Anyways, due to the piece of him in me being too weak to talk, all I ever get is feelings. Though if it is Voldemort's feelings or the horcrux itself, I am not sure.

In an odd way, I feel more at ease, or calmer, when I escape to where it is hidden. It's almost like I belong next to the presence, feeling the slight yet powerful magic that it emits.

I don't know how long I laid there for, but eventually I succumbed to sleep.

I dream of leaving this place of lies and hatred, of finding a place that I actually belong. I knew it wouldn't actually happen. In the end, my dream only made me more upset. Why does everyone use me like a stupid tool? Why do they hate and fear me like I will turn on them at any second? I want to laugh at that thought because really, I would turn on them. After all, the hat ended up being right. I would have belonged were I placed in Slytherin. If I could leave this place, go somewhere else, I would not let anything hold me back from being who I really am. I gave a frown, the dream changing to show a shadow in a lit room.

"Do you really want to leave this place, Harry Potter?" the shadow whispered, the voice seemingly coming from everywhere around me. Blinking, I nodded.

"Yes, I want to leave."

"Very well then, I shall grant you that wish. However, you will never be able to return to where you are now."

"That is fine, I don't want to return here anyways."

"Good."

I blinked my eyes open slowly, feeling confused. I know I just had a really weird dream, but I couldn't remember a single thing about it.

Just this odd sense of finality and an urge to grab my map and cloak then return here. What the hell is going on? Scowling, I swiftly left the room to the Gryffindor tower. Avoiding everyone in there, including Ron and Hermione, I quickly went to my trunk and pulled out the two items. I feel rather ridiculous listening to these weird feelings.

What the hell happened while I was sleeping, or rather what happened in my dream? This doesn't make any sense. Not like it even matters, I am already back at the room. Granted, I don't remember the walk here. Giving a long sigh, I opened the door and walked in.

The room was completely empty, oddly enough. Walking farther in, I paused in the middle of the room about to ask for something to eat.

Nothing made it out of my lips before I suddenly passed out.