Chapter Eight

"Do you think Professor Snape would mind if I chose him?"

"W-well, I wouldn't recommend choosing him of all people. However, he is unpredictable so I don't know if he would mind or not." Cornelius looked highly uncomfortable at my choice in guardian. However, I had a feeling Snape would actually accept. Whether by his own choice or by Voldemort's insistence.

"Then I would like to ask him to be my guardian." I smiled, watching as he scribbled something down on the parchment adding a drop of his blood onto it. The parchment rolled itself up before disappearing a moment later, another one popping into existence in front of me.

"Now, Harry, If you are completely sure, I need you to sign this and place a drop of blood next to your signature. Once you do this and the parchment disappears, a similar document will appear in front of Professor Snape." I nodded, taking the quill to sign before picking up the silver knife to nick my finger with.

A few moments later, the parchment disappeared. I looked back up at the Minister, a bright grin gracing my features.

"Thank you so much sir!"

"It was my pleasure, my boy. Now, if he accepts your request, you will know by a small burn that will flow through your body. It wont be a very painful feeling, I promise. He will have a total of two days to accept or reject becoming your guardian."

"Alright, thanks again sir! I should be getting home now before my relatives get worried. Please do not tell anyone, I am sure that Dumbledore isn't really a bad person, he is just a little forgetful. I don't want people to think badly of him because he didn't come visit me like he should have and took my money."

"Very well Harry, you are a very kind person. I expect you just might make it to the house of Gryffindor." Cornelius smiled before standing to open the door. I let out a small laugh, smiling at him before exiting the office. A few minutes later found me outside the Ministry building and apparating home.

I sat my bags down on the couch, before sitting down myself.

~ That took a while

I looked down to see Aeron poking his head out from under my collar.

~ Yes it did, I apologize for that. Anyways, I should get this stuff put away. You may explore if you wish.

~ Of course. I will return later.

Aeron slipped from his hiding place, calmly leaving the front room probably in search of some mice. I let out a sigh before standing once more and heading to my room with the bags floating behind me.

Severus POV

I blankly gazed down at the parchment that just suddenly appeared on my desk. I was in the middle of making lesson plans and this infernal thing decided to interrupt me. Letting out a sigh, I stood and headed to the nearby floo.
"Malfoy Manor" was spoken and a second later I stood in the study where they greet their guests. I don't know why I was bothering with coming here. Voldemort will ask me to accept either way. It makes sense I suppose, considering Dumbledore has basically everyone over the age of eighteen, that follows the light side, under a sort of obedience spell. Including Potter's parents. That's a story for a different time, however.
I glanced to my left at the sound of a door opening and shutting. I bowed my head slightly towards him. The person in front of me was Quirinus Quirrell on the outside, but on the inside Tom Riddle was in control. Though Tom isn't always in control, he would draw too much attention if he was.
"Tom. Thank you for meeting me on such short notice."
"Of course, Severus. What did you want to see me about?" I watched as Tom walked over and sat on one of the chairs, motioning me to join him.
"This, it appeared on my desk. Harry Potter has requested I become his guardian. I thought Dumbledore was his guardian." I handed over the parchment as I sat on the second chair, across from him. Tom took it, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.
"It seems, Severus, that something is going on that we are not aware of. You mentioned something about having to take him to diagon alley for his school supplies?" Tom skimmed over the document, running a thin finger over his bottom lip. I had noticed he does that when he's deep in thought.
"Yes, nothing seemed too strange. However, he saved the love goods from a few stray death eaters. After that he had me take him to the Potter's cottage instead of his relatives. While there he told me a strange story of how he found out about being a wizard. He said he overheard his aunt talking about his parents and me. I didn't entirely believe him, but I accepted his explanation for the time being."
"I see. Very well, accept his request of guardianship. It would help keep him from Dumbledore's lies and controlling tendencies." Tom handed back the parchment, summoning a quill and small knife for me to use.
"Very well. I figured you would ask me to, but I wanted to talk to you about it first anyways."
"That was a good decision Severus. I would have wanted to know about this as soon as you received the request." I nodded, taking the quill and signing at the bottom before adding two drops of blood. As soon as the second drop hit the parchment, it rolled itself up and disappeared once more.