1

Marlee's POV:

"Wake up, you have school."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"Ugh," I groaned as I turned on my side, away from my Mom who was trying to wake me.

"Marlee, if you don't get up right now... I will not feed you!" I heard my mother say as she shook me once more.  Since I love food so much, it was enough to wake me up.

"No, please, don't separate my love and I." I mumble rolling off the bed onto the floor. My mom left my room, and I stood up to go downstairs to eat breakfast. I took each stair as slowly as I could, just wanting to go back into my bed for the rest of my life. 

"Marlee, you will be late at this rate." My Mom scolded me. "I see nothing wrong with that, I don't even want to go to school. Being new sucks." I complained sitting down at the bar as Mom passed me my breakfast. "You'll get over it, you're a strong girl." Mom smiled at me.

My Mom and Dad thought it'd be a good idea to start new during my junior year, so we went from Miami to LA. I had everything I could want, friends, good grades, but I didn't have a boyfriend. All the boys in Miami were f-boys, and I'd want a serious relationship. I'd want that passion of holding onto someone like tomorrow won't come, and trust me, you wouldn't get that from the boys in Miami. Not at my school at least.

'Maybe LA will be different.' 

--

"Can I please just not go to school today?" I begged my Mom, using my puppy eyes and pouting. I doubt it would work on her since she deals with pleading people all the time at work because she's a judge. 

"No. I love you, now get out of my car." She says kissing my cheek. "Ugh." I groan stepping out of her Lexus, watching as everyone stares at me. Great, just what I wanted, attention. I looked down at my shoes as I entered the office to get my schedule.

I walked up to the front desk, smiling slightly. I was greeted with a glare, and my smile fell.

"Who are you?" The lady said in a snobby tone.

"Frans. Frans, Marlee." I said shyly to the receptionist.

"Here you go." She shoved the paper at me and went back to whatever was so interesting on her computer. "Thanks." I muttered under my breath, walking out into the hallway.

It was like I was Moses and had came upon the red sea. Everyone split into two and stared at me blankly. I quickly scurried my feet to find my locker and lose their attention. I hate being new meat.

'210, 210, where the hell is locker 210?'

I was near the entrance when I found it. I sighed in relief. I had found my locker, and had lost the attention of all the students. Perfect, now I can relax. I put my books neatly into my locker not knowing what my first class was yet. I glanced down at my schedule and was not surprised at the classes I was placed in. Even though I was a junior I was apparently smart enough that they placed me in all senior classes.

First: AP Calculus

Second: AP Biology

Third: AP Literature

Fourth: Music 4

Lunch

Fifth: AP US Government

Sixth: French 4

Seventh: Study Hall

'Okay, not bad. I can work with this. This doesn't seem too-'