13

I feel tears in my eyes. His voice is just like as I remembered it. Soft and sweet, but with a tone of roughness when he's around others. I can't believe I didn't recognize him at the beach. I should have known it was him. From the way he was talking, to what he was talking about. It was obvious who he was, but I guess I had just forgotten.

'I couldn't have forgotten him so quick, right?'

"No, you're dead, you're not real." I breath out as tears stream down my face. He pulls me up to my feet and pulls me into his arms.

"I'm alive, I faked my death." He smiles at me, as reality sinks in and I realize that he is in fact alive. I hold him tight for a second then pull away. I slap him across his face.

"You bastard!" I yell as anger seeps into my voice. I'm still crying but these are tears of anger now.

Jason looks at me shocked. 

"How dare you? How dare you leave me? Did you think I would be okay? I thought you were dead! Do you know what that does to someone? I love you so much it hurts! And you just left thinking it was okay, and I'd be alright. Did you really think I'd be alright?" I scream at him. 

He take my hands in his. "I'll explain everything to you, I promise." 

I snatch my hands out of his. "I'm giving you 5 minutes."

He looks behind me to the twins and simply says, "I'll bring her back." Then he grabs my arm and drags me away from them. 

"You're a prick, you know?" I glare at him.

"Yes, and I deserve everything you have called me." He continues walking. 

"I told you I would become a better person for you." He starts. 

"By breaking my heart?" I force myself to not cry.

"I had to take care of some things. I always managed to bring you into bad situations and I needed to get rid of them. I need you to be safe if your going to be with me. I don't want to see you hurting." He speaks in a rushed voice.

"I don't see why you had to fake your death, Jason." 

"I was stabbed, but it was planned. I knew he'd do something like that, I had a vest on. I had to fake my death so no one knew what was coming. Have you heard about the killings on the news? Of my father's gang members suddenly being killed? It was all me. Every single one.  " He explains.

"Jesus, you did all of that." I look at him shocked. 

"I didn't want a single person coming after you." He stares into my eyes. "I know you probably want nothing to do with me, but hear me out. I killed everyone who could possibly come after us. This time I made sure my dad was dead. He had a bulletproof vest on last time I shot him. And that message he left you, he's just plain sick in the head, that was all. But we can be together now and not worry." He grins at me.

"What makes you think I want you back?" His smile falters. He takes a deep breath then takes my hand.

"I have something I want to show you, will you listen to it? After you can leave me if you want." He pleads to me.

I sigh. "Fine." He smiles brightly.

He clears his throat before he starts to sing.

"Lately I've been thinkin',

Thinkin' bout what we had,
I know it was hard,
It was all that we knew, yeah

Have you been drinkin'
To take all the pain away?
I wish that I could give you what you deserve...

'Cause nothing can ever,
Ever replace you.
Nothing can make me feel like you do, yeah.
You know there's no one
I can relate to.
And know we won't find a love that's so true...

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh

I gave you everything, baby,
Everything I had to give.
Girl, why would you push me away, yeah?
Lost in confusion,
Like an illusion,
You know I'm used to making your day...

But that is the past now,
We didn't last now,
I guess that this is meant to be, yeah...
Tell me, was it worth it?
We were so perfect.
But, baby, I just want you to see...

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh..." He finishes softly and lets out a small smile.

Tears have filled my eyes because I missed him so much, and I know I want him back. I open my mouth to speak, but he stops me.

"I'm not done." And he drops on one knee, pulling out a shiny diamond ring. 

"I know I've put you through hell and back, but I want to give you heaven now. I want to give you everything you could ever want. I want to shower you with love, and cherish every moment with you. I love you with everything in me. You are my world, my Sun, my moon, and stars. You've showed me things in life I've never known before. You showed me how I can find true happiness. I find true happiness in you. It's always been you. I love you so much. Will you marry me?" He looks up into my eyes.

I can't form words, as my heart is in my throat. I nod as tears fall steadily down my face. He places the diamond ring on my ring finger. He pulls my face towards him and kisses me softly. 

His lips move against mine in the way I missed so much. I run my fingers through his soft hair. He hold me close against him, and our bodies fit together like they did before. It was like how it was before.