3

My walk home from Jason's house had been a stressful one. All I could think about was how my parents were going kill me when I entered the house. I had been preparing myself for my death the whole time I walked through the lighted streets. I saw the lights on inside my house and took a couple deep breaths before opening the front door.

"So, who were you hanging out with?" My mother said as soon as I walked in.

'Do it like a band-aid, just get it done quickly.'

"Just a boy. I didn't do anything stupid, don't worry." I said quickly, looking at my feet the whole time.

"Just come home sooner next time, okay?" My Dad said before leaving to go to his bedroom. My mother followed after him. I let out a sigh.

'That was easier than I had expected.'

While I was walking towards my bedroom I heard talking in my parents' room. I stopped by their door to hear what they were saying.

"I told you if we moved she'd get a boyfriend, she just needed a new pond of fish."

"Yeah, yeah. Just when we meet him, don't mention that you want grandchildren right when you meet him." I heard my Dad say.

'What the hell is wrong with them?'

I just walked into my room and crashed straight onto my bed.

'I'm going to sleep this stress off.'

--

I didn't know it was possible to gain more stress when you slept but apparently my mind thought it'd be funny to give me dreams of Jason meeting my parents announcing that we were pregnant. Stupid mind, stupid parents, stupid Jason.

"Honey, are you okay?" My Mom said carefully.

"Just stressed with how to deal with things."

"Oh you just let relationships happen naturally, guys love girls who are natural." My Mom said cheerfully and gave me a bright smile.

"Thanks, Mom." I said knowing what she was trying to do. I decided to just let it go and prepare myself for school.

--

Second day, and everyone still stared at me when I walked through the hallway. I sat down a few seats back from where I had sat yesterday in math because it was so easy and I knew I wouldn't need to pay as much attention.

Class had almost started when the two boys walked in. Which was a normal thing for a student to do. What wasn't normal was when they say behind me.

"Oh my god, what's so good about her? I wish they'd sit behind me." I heard one girl pout and her friend agree.

The teacher started her lesson and I saw a piece of paper being pushed on my desk. I opened it up and read what it said,

"We told you to watch out."

I turned around quickly and saw the two boys smirking. So they were the ones who had written that note yesterday.

"Who are you guys?" I wrote and passed it back to them.

I heard scribbling behind me and pretended to pay attention to the lecture. The paper returned to my desk.

"The Dolan twins, Ethan and Grayson. Also known as Jason's best friends."

'Ahh, so that's how they knew he'd want me.'

"So I guess you guys were right about yesterday." I passed the paper behind me.