Epilogue

5 Years Later:

Jason and I had both graduated college and were living in an apartment together. He had started a business and it was successful so far. I was proud of how far we'd come together, and excited for the things to come. I was waiting at the beach where we always seemed to go. I had left a little clue hunt for Jason to find me. I had a surprise for him.

I could see where the last note was from where I waited, but also where Jason wouldn't be able to see me. I was anxious to see how he'd react.

'I hope he'll be happy.'

I saw him approach the last note with a confused look on his face. My heart sped up, and he began to read the note out loud. He probably knew I was near.

"My love,

Almost 6 years ago I was alone. I didn't have you in my life. You brought light and hope to my isolation, and I did the same to you. Though at times we've been pushed apart, we always find our way back because you are my home, and always will be. We got married almost 5 years ago and I couldn't imagine my life being any better since. We've been living our dream life together, but now one more gets to join.

-M"

I had stalked up beside Jason as he was reading. He turns to me.

"Is this- are you?" All I can do is nod as tears fall freely. He pulls me close to his chest.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" He asks me.

"You remind me everyday." I let out a small smile.

"Good. Let me remind you again, I love you." He kisses me softly. Then he gets on his knees.

"And you, my little baby- no, our little baby. I just found out you exist and I love you more than words can describe. I'll remind you everyday as well." He tilts his head up to me, smiling brighter than all the stars that are out.

Our relationship might have started off because I was keeping a secret that Jason killed a man, and then turned into a bet where we kept our true feelings a secret. Through that, we learned who we are through each other. We saw each other at every angle, every perspective, and still chose to love one another.

Through the pain, misery, lies, friendships, bets, smiles, and happiness we began to uncover ourselves. We found love for each other, like nothing we'd ever felt, and it was no secret how strong it was.

So I'll keep Jason's secrets, and I'll keep growing and loving him everyday. I'll give him my everything and more, but there's one thing for sure I'll always keep and never let go of.

His heart.