4

Almost a week had passed since I had met Jason and the deal had started. We had constantly been teasing each other trying to make the other one fall. I was currently in the library during my study hall working on my music project. This was one of the many things I had planned to make Jason fall for me. I had to beat him.

I was trying to come up with lyrics but I was stuck.

'You'

Him

How did he make me feel... or what should I say to make him fall... 

I didn't know where to start other than that simple word. He made me feel so confused at times. Like when he would play with my hair almost as a habit now, or the way he says my name. He makes me feel special, like I matter, but its all a game. A stupid, stupid game that I was now caught in and couldn't back out of. One of our hearts would be broken.

 And it would probably be mine.

'You make me soar

into skies of color

that I've never known.'

I write down without realizing what I've written. I look down, angry at myself for letting it slip out of my brain onto the paper. But it's true. He makes me feel like I've never felt before. I've found a bit of happiness through him, though I would never actually admit it to him. He's so cocky and arrogant, he'd never let me forget it if I told him.

"What are you writing, babygirl?" I hear a whisper in my ear.

I crumble the paper up and shove it to the bottom of my bag.

"Nothing." I say shortly, turning my head away from him. He sits down beside me and kicks his feet on the coffee table in front of us. Jason looks at me as I collect my things, tossing them absentmindedly into my bag, then throwing it over my shoulder. School must have ended if Jason is out of class. That, or he's skipping. 

I walk out of the school anyways, tired of everything with Jason trailing behind me. He walks me home everyday, making sure to wave happily to my parents as they watch from the front window. My mom always had a comment to say like,"When can we meet him?" or,"He's cute, why don't you date him?" 

"Are you every going to let me inside your house?" Jason asks from beside me, his eyes on me, as we are near my house.

"No." I say looking him back in the eye.

Now everyone knows I'm clumsy, and at the worst times too. It's a skill that not many have been 'blessed' with at mastering. But I have unfortunately mastered it very well.

I tripped over a rock and go tumbling. Jason's eyes widen and he jumps forward, pushing me into his chest. He turns us around so he takes the impact.

"Oh my god, Jason! Are you okay?" I say sitting up as he winces.

"I'm fine. Try not to get lost in my eyes next time we're walking, yeah?" He says sitting up with me in his lap.

"Children, are you alright?" My mother calls from the porch. She probably watched the whole thing. She approaches us and I groan.

"Oh dear! You're bleeding, come inside. Marlee can have the honor of fixing you up since she damaged such a fine boy like you." She grabs his arm and kicks me off his lap with her foot. 

Well there goes him not going inside my house.

My mom lead Jason to a bathroom, leaving me with a first aid kit. Jason looks at me and smirks.