8

Jason's dad had swung his bat at Jason, but he dodged it quickly. I lay useless as always on the bed, watching the scene happen before me. They took hits at each other, but never managed to make a mark. That was until Jason pulled out his gun as I've grown used to him doing.

He pointed it at his dad's chest, taunting him.

"Shoot me, but you know your problems with me won't end there. I'm everywhere." He mocked Jason.

"Yeah, and you're also a psycho."

The bullet went into his chest as he fell to the floor. Blood poured out of him and Jason ran over to me. He unchained me and took me in his arms.

"I swear I'm never going to leave you, even if you don't feel the same as me. I'm going to protect you because you matter to me." He picked me up and walked out of the room.

"Close your eyes, you don't want to see what I did." So I buried my face into his chest, breathing him in.

I missed him, being in his arms. I was where I wanted to be. I didn't care the circumstances. I was happy.

I was just there in his arms.

He carried me for a while until I began seeing familiar sights around me. I didn't know how long I had been gone, but I missed the life I knew.

"How long was I gone, Jason?" I spoke into his chest.

"Too long."

"That's not a number."

"Five days. I had to lie to your parents and say we had a sleepover the whole time, Marlee. But I did everything but sleep knowing you weren't safe. You probably still aren't, and its my fault. I shouldn't have let you close enough to get sucked in." He held me tighter.

"Jason, I wouldn't want a life without you in it, you make me happy. And all the times I've gotten into trouble, you've saved me. Don't make yourself out to be the villain." I tilted my head back to see his face. What he said was true, it looked like he got no sleep at all. But he was still beautiful to me.

He began to step up some steps and he opened a door to a place I had only been once before, his home. I was greeted by pretty, short, brown haired, and blue eyed lady.

"Thank God she's safe." She approached us. Jason let me down, and my feet barely made it to the ground before she pulled me in for a hug.

"Now we need to have a chat." She led me through the house into a living room where we sat down. The couches were plush and comfortable, exactly what I'd expects from a house as beautiful as theirs.

"Jason can you do me a favor and leave us to talk?" She asked and Jason obeyed, leaving me with his mom.

"You're the first girl he's ever brought home. I know he's had flings other than here, but you're the only girl I've ever met that he's serious about. I know he can be a bit confusing, but please bare with him, he's been through a lot. He's trying his best and sometimes he ends up hurting people unintentionally. Just know that if that ever happens, he only means well at heart." She said seriously, but smiling at the end.

"I'll try my best Ma'am." I said honestly. If anyone had been hurt, it was him, and it was my fault for it.

"Please, just call me Pattie. Formalities make me feel old." She laughed.

"Are you guys done?" Jason popped his head into the room.

"Yeah, she's all yours. I'm going to bed now. Don't have too much fun, but if you do, please be quite." She says as she leaves the room.

"Hey Marlee." Jason catches my attention.

"Yeah?" I repsond.

"Can I tell you something." He looks nervous.

"You can tell me anything." I told him the truth.

"Can I say it in my room?" He says already leaving the room. So I just follow him until we arrive at his room. He opens the door for me, and closes it after we walk in.

He picks up a guitar from a corner of his room and takes a quick look at me before me diverts his gaze. I sat on his bed while he sat at his desk.

"I wanted to do this on Christmas, but I never got the chance. I'll do it now." He said softly, and began to strum.

"The sun comes up on another morning
My mind never wakes up without you on it
And it's crazy to me, I even see you in my dreams
Is this meant to be? Could this be happening to me?

We were best of friends since we were this high
So why do I get nervous every time you walk by
We would be on the phone all day
Now I can't find the words to say to you
Now what am I supposed to do?

Could it be a possibility
I'm trying to say what's up
'Cause I'm made for you, and you for me
Baby, now it's time for us
Tryna keep it all together
But enough is enough
They say we're too young for love
But I'm catching feelings
Catching feelIn my head we're already together

I'm good alone but with you I'm better
I just wanna see you smile
You say the word and I'll be right there
I ain't never going nowhere

I'm just tryna see where this can take us
'Cause everything about you, girl, is so contagious
I think I finally got it done
Now all that's left to do now is get out the mirror
And say it to her

Could it be a possibility
I'm trying to say what's up
'Cause I'm made for you, and you for me
Baby, now it's time for us
Tryna keep it all together
But enough is enough
They say we're too young for love
But I'm catching feelings
Catching feelings." He paused for a moment, like he was collecting courage for what he was about to say, but then he started again.

"Should I tell her how I really feel (how I really feel)
Or should I move in close or just be still? (how will I know?)
'Cause if I take a chance and I touch her hand
Will everything change?
How do I know if she feels the same?

Could it be a possibility
I'm trying to say what's up
'Cause I'm made for you, and you for me
Baby, now it's time for us
Tryna to keep it all together
But enough is enough
They say we're too young for love
But I'm catching feelings
Catching feelings
Catching feelings
Catching feelings...." He set the guitar down and walked towards me.

"Marlee, I know you don't feel the same, but I can't do this anymore. I need you to know how I feel. I really like you. I'm losing the bet, I don't care anymore. I just... I need to know how you feel." He said looking me in my eyes.

I was shocked.

He liked me. He liked me back. He was willing to lose the bet for me. His feelings were real. So I did the only thing that felt right. I ran into his arms.

I stared into those mesmerizing eyes, and he did the same.

"I like you too. I like you really, really bad." I said and buried my face into his chest. He laid us down on his bed and held me like there was no tomorrow.

"I will never let you go." He whispered into my ear. I smiled. I was safe in his arms. He made me feel safe.

We were both at peace, knowing we both felt the same. I felt a little bad for the twins because they were right all along, but in this moment it didn't matter. Because I was in Jason's arms. He was all that mattered to me. We were more than content being with each other falling asleep next to one another. It felt right. Together we felt right. It was like nothing could disturb us. We had no problems in this moment.

But little did we know our problems were far from over, and we were anything but safe.