2. Being myself

Edited: 1 June, 2020

If last year of high school wasn't hard enough on its own, drowning ourselves in books, then it certainly made it harder when I had a rather handsome boy wracking my thoughts, not letting me concentrate. 

In an even worse case, such as mine, this rather dashing boy didn't even know I existed, which let's be honest, I didn't plan on accepting. It was rare for me to like someone, I never really cared about the opposite sex in a romantic way, but this boy, decided to waltz into my life unknowingly, and what frustrated me to no end was that he didn't even realise the impact his presence had on me. 

I planned to change that. 

"Are you going to help me out then?" I whispered to YoJin as we were sitting in the classroom, listening to our math teacher, who was definitely unaware of how uninteresting his class was

"Are you going to help me out then?" I whispered to YoJin as we were sitting in the classroom, listening to our math teacher, who was definitely unaware of how uninteresting his class was. Yojin looked at me as if she was begging me to reclaim my sanity. "Don't give me that look!"

"Y/N, I really don't think it's a good idea. He is not the kind of boy that will take you to romantic dates and bring you flowers." I couldn't miss the worry in her eyes, but I just shrugged it off.

"I love you, Yojin, but you have to stop worrying." I put my hand on her shoulder reassuringly. "If you don't want to help me, nor do you want to support me, that is fine. I don't mind, really. But there is just something about him, that makes me want to get closer to him. I can't control it and even if I could, I wouldn't want to." I told her with such a serious tone.

"You really don't give me much of choice here." She heaved a sigh while shaking her head, giving up her resistance. "If you really plan on getting closer to him, you need to be where he usually hangs out with his friends."

"Please, tell me that I don't have to go and join their fan club. You know I am not good with the attention seeking female species." I grimaced at the thought. 

"Actually, you might just get lucky here." She placed a bookmark in her book, before closing it and focused her complete attention to me." Jimin does like the attention, but he also likes to just hang out with his friends without the audience that follows them around everywhere."

"You seem to know quite a lot about them, which if I want to be completely honest, is a bit scary." I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"We are not talking about me now." She shrugged with a slight pink blush appearing on her cheeks. I chuckled at the sight, but didn't push for the subject. I knew she would come around to tell me eventually. "The best way to catch his attention is, if you are where he is. Which in this case is the basketball court." I frowned at her, losing her train of thoughts.

"Why would I be going to the basketball court?" I asked curiously.

"They always have their lunch there. For some reason girls, don't like to go to the football field nor the basketball court, which gives them the space they need, away from the prying eyes." She explained as I nodded along diligently.