4. Awkward moment

Edited: 1 June, 2020

"What do you want to do now?" Yojin asked as we were having our lunch break next to the basketball court. I wasn't really sure what to do as I was still quite pissed off about Jimin's behaviour. He definitely didn't make the best first impression after talking to him.

Across the court I saw the boys joking around as they were jumping on each others' back. It was rather endearing to see them being so careless, so playful. 

"I really don't know Yojin

"I really don't know Yojin. He is quite hard to figure out." I sighed heavily as I looked back at Yojin. I was definitely attracted to Jimin, but after our conversation, I wasn't sure what to do. I never really liked people like him. Who feel like they are better than anyone else. And he certainly seemed to be one of those people.

"Are you thinking of giving up?" She interrupted my train of thoughts. I raised an eyebrow at her questioningly.

"I hope you didn't mean that. I have intentionally skipped the expression 'giving up' in the dictionary, when I learned in Korean." She chuckled at my comment. "I'm just not sure how to approach him. He clearly pisses me off with his behaviour and that's definitely not a good start. He gets too defensive." She nodded in agreement.

"Maybe you are too intimidating." She shrugged, causing me to frown at her response. "We both know that you don't easily back down and you did give him a piece of your mind." She raised an eyebrow.

"I was quite gentle." I spoke.

"As if you could be." She scoffed.

"Are you trying to pick a fight with me?" I smirked as I nudged her shoulder.

"I would never." A light giggle left her lungs. I looked at her innocent face and cheerful smile and I just couldn't understand why she didn't have a boyfriend just yet. She was a blissful presence to be around and I felt lucky to be her friend. On the other hand, I wasn't worried. She might have been occasionally naive, but I trusted her enough to believe that she was able to make the right decision when the time came.

We were laughing about little nothings, occasionally digging into our lunch. I took a sip of my water, when a shadow decided to appear in front of me, hiding those warming glimmers of the sun. I looked up to check on our visitor, when in my shocked state, I unintentionally spit my water on our surprise guest. My eyes widened, realising what I have done. I quickly put my tray on the bench and stood up immediately to apologise. I felt my face heat up from embarrassment, but that was the least important thought in my mind. He definitely looked amused for some unknown reason.

"I am so sorry, Jimin." I looked at him with a worried expression across my face. "I really didn't mean to do that. I don't even know why I have done that. It was an accident." I just wanted to be six feet under the ground.

"Well, I have had my fair share of greetings, but I don't think anyone has ever spit on me." He spoke with an awkward smile. "That's definitely a new one for me." I scratched the back of my head, looking down, to hide the embarrassed expression on my face. I didn't know what to do, so I just turned to humour.

"Well, look at the bright side of it." He looked at me with confusion in his eyes as one of his brows ran high. "You definitely won't feel hot in this weather." I giggled awkwardly. I was very unhappy with my situation and I just wanted to disappear from this planet.

"Thank you, I guess." He said more like a question, but without a doubt, a happy grin across his face. "I appreciate how thoughtful you are."

"I think, that's enough humiliation for a day

"I think, that's enough humiliation for a day. Let me just walk away and dig my own grave." I laughed awkwardly.

"That should be my line. I was the one who got spit on." He said still smirking, causing me to turn even reader. I felt my ears burning and I just wanted to hide. "Besides, how am I supposed to help you with your plan, if you hide underground?" My eyes widened at his words. I had no words coming out of my mouth, even though I tried. I knew I probably looked like a gaping fish, but the day was already embarrassing, it could not have gotten worse. "Although, only if you still require my help."

"I mean... yeah.. sure. But why did you change your mind?" I asked curiously.

"I will explain it later." He smirked. "May I borrow your friend?" Jimin asked as he turned towards Yojin as if he was waiting for permission.

"Only if you bring her back safely." She answered with a cheeky grin spreading across her face. I just waved her off.

"Yes, mother." I answered instead of Jimin and we started walking farther away.

Notes: If you enjoyed it, don't forget to like the chapter. Thank you :)