20. Intense moment

Edited: 13 June, 2020

I joined my friends and after a slow paced discussion, we finally decided to go to the R&B room to search for an unoccupied table. There were loads of people, moving along the beat of the songs, sipping on their drinks, boys trying to flirt with girls or girls checking out boys. It was intense to watch. The room was busy, but rather comfortable to have just enough space, which was unusual for a night-club in Seoul.

I had a feeling, as if someone was starring at me, but I didn't have to think about it for long. I turned around and saw Jimin with that serious expression of his. I frowned at him, but he just turned away as if nothing happened. I just shook off the weird thoughts and concentrated on having fun.

As we walked upstairs, there were a couple of tables in the style of half-circle booths. We chose one next to the rails, having the perfect view at the dance floor. The boys pulled out some poufs that were placed under the table and we all took our seats. I ended up sitting next to a kissing Yojin and Hoseok while on my other side, Jimin was seated with crossed arms in front of his chest. I did not feel the excitement anymore.

I turned towards Jungkook and Taehyung, chatting about little nothings, joking about random pranks they like to pull on each other. The mood finally started to get better and I was glad that at least the rest of our group was as enthusiastic as I was.

As I turned to look at Jimin he was looking at me, but I was unable to read his expression. He definitely wasn't in the mood for a night out, but it seemed that there was just something else that also bothered him. I heaved a deep sigh, before I opened my mouth to talk.

"What's up with you?" I asked softly, trying to make him open up.

"Nothing." He replied turning away his gaze towards the dance floor. 

"It doesn't seem like nothing

"It doesn't seem like nothing. You know you can talk to me, or if not to me than to the boys. Just try to enjoy the night." I attempted to convince him, but he didn't seem to want to listen.

"I'm fine." He shrugged, but I could see that he wanted to talk.

"Do you actually think that I will believe that? I'm not blind." I tried to push him, but he seemed to get more tense.

"You really want to know?" He asked as he stared at my eyes and I nodded without a word. "I thought you liked me, but instead, you literally started flirting with the first guy you met today."

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"I'm here, right fucking next to you. But you just go off to flirt with some random guy, you just met." He scoffed and turned away once again. I had only one thought in my mind...

"Are you jealous?" I asked, which made his head snap towards me.

"No." He said rather quickly.

"So why do you care? I can't like you forever. I have the right to move on." I wanted to make him understand that an unrequited love was not on the top of my list.