8. The news

Edited: 2 June, 2020

By 4.55pm, I was looking around the station, eagerly searching for Jimin. It didn't take me long to see his silhouette farther away, wearing a black snapback and a grey shirt, which was just about tight enough to reveal his toned body.

He was walking towards me, but I was certain that he didn't see me as his face was buried deep in the screen of his phone, with a serious expression across his face. As he got closer I started walking towards him to meet him half way. He was still fixated on his phone, barely able to avoid people walking around him. I stopped just a couple of meters in front of him, but from the pace he was walking in, I debated if he was able to stop just about before he decided to crash into me. I coughed loudly to get his attention, just before he was to collide with me. 

"Oh

"Oh..." He looked surprised as he lifted his face from his phone. "I didn't see you, there." He spoke and my eyebrow ran high on its own.

"Yep, you almost walked through me." I smirked.

"I didn't pay attention." He shrugged and it gave me quite a strange feeling. As if he didn't even want to meet me in the first place. I was certain that I didn't ask him to meet, which made my blood boil, just enough to get me worked up.

"What did you want to talk to me about so urgently?" I asked, acting as if I was not interested in being there with him. Which of course was a lie. I was happy to see him after all. It's been a while since we have had a normal conversation.

"Erm... it's about Hoseok and your friend." He spoke, causing a frown to temporarily take over my expression.

"What about them?" I asked.

"Well, there are these girls... and I don't really know how, but they found out about the date we were planning and they kicked off." I scoffed in disbelief. He stopped to check his phone for a second, which made me feel even more impatient. "At first we didn't think of anything serious, but I overheard a conversation between one of them and Hoseok. She already found out about your friend's phone number and address. I thought it would be better to give you a heads up." I wasn't even sure how I wanted to react. I definitely didn't want Yojin to suffer and apparently this whole ordeal was going that way.

"What am I supposed to do then?" I asked him as calmly as I could manage.

"I really don't know." He shook his head. "Usually girls settle these things between them, so we never really got involved." I heaved a sigh at his reply.

"Don't worry, we will take care of it." I frowned. "I will find a solution." I hissed between my teeth and I know for certain that my face was anything but happy in that moment.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Nothing. As you said, usually girls take care of it between themselves, so that is what we will be doing." I shrugged, but I was very well aware of the hatred sitting across my face as my lips turned into a thin line.

"But you are mad at me." He spoke and I scoffed at his comment.

"Not at all. I am perfectly content." I replied and was about to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He asked curiously.

"To take care of it. It's not like you have anything to do with it anyway." I spoke and pulled my wrist out of his hold to be on my way once again. This time however he stepped in front of me.

"You seriously need to tell me what your problem is." He said in a firm tone. I heaved a sigh before deciding to reply him.

"Well, I know this little problem is between the girls, which I would never doubt, but you were as much involved with this whole planning as I was. And I find it rather disappointing, that only we get the heat for it, while you and your friends can just sit down on the bench and watch. Now if you don't mind, I have some things to take care of." I walked around him and was about to leave, but his voice stopped me again.

"What do you expect us to do?" He opened his arms, as if he was waiting for a solution to grab. 

"I don't know

"I don't know. Talk to them? That seems like a start." I shrugged.

"We did. We asked them to lay off you and your friend, but do you really think they listen to us? Don't be ridiculous." My brows furrowed at his use of words.

"What do you mean by lay off us?" I questioned. "I thought they had problem only with Yojin."

"I didn't actually say it was only her. I'm not sure what they have on you, but you were also part of the conversation which I didn't really catch." He explained.

"Brillinat." My tone was full of anger and frustration. "It doesn't matter, we will take care of it. Just forget about it." I heaved a deep sigh and without even saying anything else, I left him standing at the station.

However instead of going straight home, I decided to head towards Yojin's place, which was barely a five minutes walk from my apartment. I sent her a quick message to notify her of my arrival and by the time I arrived to the door, she was standing in the doorway, with a big smile across her face. But looking at my expression, she quickly forced her smile to disappear.

"What happened to you?" She questioned and she gently pushed me inside the living room and forced me to take a seat on the sofa.

"I have to talk to you." My voice was more serious than I have ever heard it myself.

"What is going on? You seem strange." She spoke with a curious undertone.

"I just met Jimin." Her face changed to an amused, cheerful look, before she realised that I wasn't as happy as I was expected to be.

"I have a feeling this story doesn't have a happy ending." She tried to lighten the mood, but my face didn't change.

"I don't want to waste words on this, so I will just go straight in. It seems that one of the girls that also likes Hoseok, is rather unhappy with our little plan. I'm unsure how she got to even know about it, nor does Jimin understand, but it happened. She kicked off about the situation and she definitely isn't taking it well." Yojin's facial expression changed to a pained one. What she feared the most was just around the corner. "We will sort this out, okay? We will find a way. Just try not to worry. The only reason I decided to tell you was that when it comes, it doesn't come out of nowhere." I explained as I hugged her, trying to sooth her. I wasn't sure what would come next, but I was sure to keep my friend away from any harm. 

Notes: If you enjoyed it, don't forget to like the chapter. Thank you :)