10. Last warning!

Edited: 4 June, 2020

The next few days, the girls followed up with prank calls and carvings in Yojin's table. I was slowly losing my patients. I felt the suspicious gazes on us, throughout the days, even making eye contact on occasions, but I tried to keep myself calm as much as I could. At some point I started asking questions and snooping around, searching for details about the three girls. I did manage to get their names and classes, but I didn't want to get involved further than we already were. I didn't want to trigger them more than necessary as I knew how badly it would affect Yojin.

However when I walked into school and got to my locker, a surprise was waiting for me. There was a white envelope on the top of my books, without any writing on it. I gently ripped off the top of the sealing and pulled out a letter which was honestly ridiculous. The letters were cut out of a newspapers and glued to the blank page, while the content was rather childish and least threatening.

"We know you went to the principal and honestly, that was the worst decision you could have made. We are not your average people. We are not on your level and it seems you have not realised that. Out of kindness, we will give you a last warning. Do not dare to get close to the boys, or your little friend will regret it!"

I rolled my eyes at the letter and shoved it back into my locker, after taking out my necessary books

I rolled my eyes at the letter and shoved it back into my locker, after taking out my necessary books. I couldn't care less about their threats. The whole scene, the letter, the calls, the rat, they seemed to be like a low-budget drama. I knew Yojin was shaken up and I stood by her, but their games seemed so amateur, I was unable to take it seriously anymore.

I turned around after closing my locker and my eyes met the three girls, looking at me with eager eyes. I knew they expected some kind of a reaction, whether it'd be worry, fear or anger, but I didn't even plan on wasting any more of my time on them. It was useless.

"Really?" My eyebrows rose as I asked. A very confused look formed on their face. I shook my head, but didn't even give them the pleasure to know what I meant. I thought they were plain ridiculous and I didn't plan on playing along in this stupid little game of theirs. They were lacking creativity and originality in every possible way. Although you don't have to be smart if daddy pays for whatever you want.

I walked past them and started towards my class, where Yojin was already seated at her table.

"Morning sunshine." I smiled, but her face showed no happiness. She has been pale and tired, lacking any sleep. She was shattered and I didn't know how to help.

"Hey." She replied weakly.

"Did they do something to you again?" I asked, but she just shook her head.

"Not yet, but the wait, the feeling that it could come any time, makes me go mental." She heaved a deep sigh. Looking at her fragile state, I decided to keep the letter a secret. She didn't need to feel any more miserable than she already did.