19. Just friends

Edited: 12 June, 2020

It took us about 15 minutes to get to Hapjeong, but we had such a lively mood on the metro, we didn't even realise the time. We kept joking around, making fun of each other if not ourselves, that we almost missed the station. We got off at the station, walked up the stairs, touched our t-money cards to the scanner and left the station by exit 7.

We stood in front of the station, debating in the meaning of over-talking each other, which club to go to. I tried not to get annoyed, but everyone was loud and noone really listened to anyone other then their own voice. I thought it would be me to lose my temper first, but Yojin's patient ran out faster.

"Hey!" She raised her voice, getting surprised looks from everyone. "You can keep shouting at each other as much as you want, but it doesn't seem to help, does it? Let's be more useful and actually have a discussion on where to go." She explained in a calmer tone. I chuckled at her authoritative behaviour, enjoying this side of her more than I should have, which earned a push on my shoulder from her.

"There's this place, called Blue Tiger. It's fairly new, but I heard some good things about it. And they don't ask for ID." Taehyung spoke up first with a cheeky grin.

"Sounds good to me." Yojin replied. "Any other ideas?" She asked, but noone seemed to want to come up with a better plan. "So is that fine for everyone?" She asked, waiting for a nod or an agreeing humming sound from everyone.

"Then let's go." Jungkook stood straight and proud as he started leading the group, following the GPS on Taehyung's phone.

In about 20 minutes, after getting lost 3 times in a row, we arrived to the venue, by Jin's leading, who decided Jungkook was incapable of completing such a difficult task. Yojin and I paid ₩7.000 per person, while the boys paid ₩10.000 each at the entrance.

Walking into the venue, it was bigger than I expected. They had 4 rooms, each filled with different music genres. There was the Pop room right next to the entrance, followed by the R&B room next to the bar that was placed in the middle of the huge hall. On the other side of the bar was the Hiphop room and next to it, by the other side of the entrance was the EDM room. It was fairly packed compared to it being a new club, but it seemed okay at a first glance.

"Y/N!" Yojin called out to me, trying to over talk the 4 different kinds of music blending in the hall. "That guy, at the bar, in the white shirt." She pointed towards a tall men, with light brown hair as far as I could tell, was waiting to be served at the bar. "Isn't that the guy who asked you out?" I tried to recognise the face, but it was too far and too dark, while the flashing lights didn't help either. To be completely honest, I didn't even remember much of his face. He asked me out a couple of days before Yojin and Hoseok got together and I basically ran past him, trying to get to whatever I had to do at that time.

"Honestly, I would not be able to tell you." I replied, tilting my head as if that helped to get a better look at him. He definitely had a nicely built body, which was put on display by the rather tight white shirt, he was wearing. He didn't look half bad, but unfortunately Jimin standing next to me was clouding my judgment. "Nope, can't remember." I shrugged, giving up on trying.

I looked back at the boy, looking him up and down, trying to place him somewhere in my memory, but it didn't seem to work. I couldn't recall his face or even his voice. Just the brief conversation we had. However I could see Jimin's reaction to my obvious behaviour turning rather unhappy. Although I couldn't have sworn that I didn't just misinterpret what I could barely see from my peripheral vision.