38 : Kaya ko kaya?

"Ano ba kuya! Will you tigil walking from here to there?! You're making me hilo!" naiinis na sabi ni Lindsey -- my cousin -- Lucho's sister.

"Yeah kuya! Just stop will you? Calm yourself!" dagdag ni Chanty.

"Ayan kasi! You chose a stone instead of gem!" malaman na sabi ni Leigha. Napatigil ako at naniningkit ang matang tinignan ang tatlo.

"Putangina! Calm? sa tingin nio kakalma ako knowing that my wife is missing while she's bearing our baby?!" tiim ang bagang kong sigaw sa kanila. Napairap si Chanty "Correction -- babies!"

Napasabunot ako sa buhok ko "Worst! Babies! Twins! I need to find them now!" darn! I'm mentally exhausted while physically frustrated "And calm?! Sa tingin nio makakalma ako?! Chant you know that when we had our weekend vacation marami nang umaaligid sa kaniang mga lalaki , even if she's with me! Don't you know how beautiful my wife is? Yun ngang kuya ng best friend nia sunod ng sunod sa kania! Ano pa kaya ngayon na wala ako sa tabi nia then a tons of boys will flirt around her?!" tiim bagang kong sigaw sa tatlo. I can't even managed just to stand right here and wait for her to come back again.

I miss the days when we used to spoon each other, when we used to cuddle around, I miss her cooks and I definitely miss her so much that it hurts a lot.

She surrendered. Does she already fall out of love on me? Ayaw nia ba na may ama ang anak namin ?

"Easy ka lang kuya, if ate Hannah won't come back then... " ngumisi sila nang nakakaloko. I knitted a brow.

"Then what?!" pinanlakihan ko ng mata silang tatlo.

"Then it's all your fault." they said in unison and laughed. Kung hindi lang talaga babae ang nasa harap ko I would kill this three. I sighed to compose myself. Bakit nga ba itong tatlo ang kasama ko?! Tss.

__________________________________

I then directly went to her gallery. I asked everyone already -- her boss, her close friend work mate -- Carla -- her co-workers but they shook their heads in appalled that she left. She left because of me.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Ms. Fernandez ." I told the receptionist. Inikot ko ang buong paningin ko sa buong lugar -- nagmamasid at pinapalanganin na makita sia.

"Yes she's in. She's on her office -- third floor and second door. Just knock nalamang po." I smiled at her and walked through the elevator. Agad kong pinindot ang floor 3 and minutes later I'm in front of her office.

I knocked three times at nadinig kong pinapapasok nia ako. As I opened the door not Casey welcomed me but her -- not literally her but her and Casey's face in the painting.

I swallowed hard -- hindi ko nakita ang kagandahang iyan noon and now I regret of that day.

"Why are you here Chaos?" I blinked. I shifted on Casey and sighed deeply.

"I'm looking for my wife." diretsa kong sabi. She laughed sarcastically and eventually raised an eye brow.

"Wow Chaos! The last time I checked -- you keep on pushing her away, telling her for a hundred times that she's a whore but now what?" napatawa ito "You're the one who's looking for her na." she devilishly smirked.

"I know, I know na kasalanan ko lahat Casey but please don't waste my time and just tell me where the hell is your best friend!" tiim ang bagang ko siang tinignan. Tumayo ito at taas kilay na sumandal sa desk nia.

"If I knew then why would I tell you?"

"Because I'm her husband and I need my wife for goddamn's sake Casey!" I unintentionally raised my voice.

"Don't yell at me Chaos, I won't be as weak as Hannah na matatakot na sa sigaw mo." pinapakonsensia nia ba ako? Cause if she is -- then she probably won. Alam kong I've been a jerk to Hannah but I promised! Mahal ko na sia.

"Kung ako sayo, you would do what she's doing.  Give her space Chaos. Give her space until she'll bear your twins. Mas mabuti kung magbago ka muna before you would face the reality that you're already a father. Baka hindi na si Hannah ang masaktan mo"

"Grow up Chaos, you're already twenty eight and as far as I know in that age maturity is a must. At kailangan mong magmature for you to be the ideal father. Give her two years or three."

"Pakalmahin mo ang sarili mo in different way, not on your way. Prove to my best friend that you will change for her and for the sake of the twins."

My eyes started to water. Parang lahat ng mga sinasabi nia Casey were all real and very advisable. If I'm not in this kind of position -- matatawa ako -- she's like a mother giving her children's some advice. Now I know why Charm changed.

Humakbang ako and hugged her. "Thank you Casey. Thank you." to be honest, nababaklaan ako sa sarili ko pag-umiiyak ako but the tears were unstoppably falling from my eyes. She caressed my back.

"Shh, I know you can do it Chaos -- kahit si Charm lang ang nakilala ko ng maigi sa mga Baez -- I know what a Baez has -- I know a Baez can change for good. And I know you can do it." I pull away from our hug and sighed deeply.

"Thank you. And I will Case, for the sake of my family -- I will." ngumiti ito and tapped my shoulder "Not only to your family Chaos but also to yourself."

I smiled "Aalis na ako, uuwi na ako sa bahay -- our home -- Hannah and mine." I sighed deeply. Maybe I'll just continue imagining that she's with me.

She gave me her sweetest smile. Tatatalikod na sana ako when I remembered something "C-Case?" I called her. She hummed "What if Hannah will fall out of love from me?" kinakabahan ako sa isasagot nia but I will still keep on hoping that she won't.

She grinned "Kasalanan mo na yon." napasimangot ako nang matawa ito "Kidding! Don't worry Chaos, she will never fall out of love -- for her entire years of living this world -- since she knew that you will be his husband she never fell out of love." ngumisi ako. At least may pinanghahawakan pa ako.

Tumalikod na ako at pinihit ang doorknob. I opened the door and was about to go out when she said the words that I was looking for. Bigla akong sumaya.

"Give her three years. Wag ka lang magpakita sa kania but keep on touch to the twins. She's six months pregnant Chaos -- the doctor was wrong, tatlong buwan na pala siang buntis noong magpacheck up kami -- she's on her kuya's house at alam kong galit ka sa kuya nia. Just give her three years and if you'll changed -- find a way for you to be together."

Napangiti ako. Three years. Kaya ko kaya? I sighed deeply. I need to. I need to do it because it's for our sake. I will changed everything.