𝟬𝟭. re-awakening

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE . RE - AWAKENING
ARC ONE

▅▅▅

FOR TWO YEARS, not one twitch of the hand, a flicker of the eyelids, nor movement of the body was seen from a green-haired girl who slept peacefully as though her state was not a temporary situation, fooling every eye that has seen her to think that she was permanently stuck in such state.

Her chest which rose and fell calmly was a daily reminder to the doctor who attended her, that despite their greatest efforts; she was still in deep slumber.

Owen jotted down a few notes on his clipboard as a sigh escapes his lips. The silence of the room echoed in his ears, wearing down the old man as if what happened to her was his fault. Though such solemness was interrupted as the girl who laid in bed gasped for air and sat up from the bed with both of her arms stretched forward.

The old man was startled from the sudden movement, and looked at the girl with wide-eyes, hesitantly poking her arm as an assurance if he was being delusional. She snapped her head at his direction as Owen hid his face behind the clipboard.

The overwhelming mana flux could make any person cower in fear. He could feel her own body attracting and transmitting the energy like waves, crashing down to her form, who was showing not one hint of concern over it almost as if it was nothing but normality to her.

Her eyes began to roam her surroundings, from the bedside table that was situated beside her with several arrangements of flowers, the lavish assortments of furniture in the hospital room, to her own figure, brushing the tips of her hair while momentarily staring back and forth to the mirror as if her own face was foreign to her.

The doctor in the room was taking quite the time to process the events unfolding before his eyes, but the sound of her voice drew him back to reality, "Lady Artemis! H-How did you wake up? A-Are you feeling well? Do you need—"

"Cake."

Furrowing his brows in confusion, Owen blinked twice, "What?"

Artemis pointed at the said desert that was at the end of the room, "Cake." she reiterated.

He moved his attention to what she was pointing to and slowly walked towards it. Owen held it with both of his hands, and pointed it with his index finger, "You want...cake?" the girl nodded enthusiastically.

Despite not knowing what was running on her mind, he gave the food to her and handed the utensils needed for eating it. She wasted not one second in taking in the delicacy, while Owen was watching her as she did.

"So, may I ask who were you calling?" she asked, slicing her fifth piece and placing it on the porcelain flatware. His rimless glasses were clear enough to display his reluctance to answer, "Calling? Whatever do you mean?"