𝟬𝟲. the glitches

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX . THE GLITCHES
ARC TWO

▅▅▅

TREES CORDIALLY LASHING onto each other's branches, tickling of hanging moss, and grafted with variety beneath its trunks, while its hollowness was filled with thorny yet elegant briars like a quaint— a sumptuously adorned ornament— filled the coliseum.

Such show was witnessed by the examiners as the captain of the Golden Dawn and the Blue Rose knights filled the stadium, and transformed it, into what seemed like a forest itself. Though it was truly a beautiful display of their exceptional prowess in magic, its purpose is still a question to them.

They were not even informed that this was a part of the test, nor did they perceive that this event should be expected.

Clearing his throat, William grabs the attention of the audience once again, "Everyone, my apologies for not introducing her earlier. There will be someone else who will evaluate your performance today, Lady Artemis." he  announces, voice softening at the mention of her name.

Several gasps were evoked upon the removal of her hood, revealing her slick hair in hues of green, the scent reminding them of pennyroyal. Most of them, however, were intrigued by the shade of her eyes; red as wine, glimmering against her flawless skin. 

"She's so pretty!!"

"Isn't she famous for using her magic to identify who to eliminate first in the invasion?"

"I heard she's finally interested in someone after rejecting hundreds of suitors!"

"Damn it! Now I want to be a part of the Golden Dawn too much!"

"Ehh? Then why is she wearing the Silver Eagles robe?"

William eyed her appearance, slightly frowning at the sight of the robe she was wearing before his amiable smile returns to his face, "Artemis, where is our  squad robe?" he inquires, trying to sound as benevolent as possible.

'Why do you care?' Patri, the elf residing within him asked.

'Because she is
my squadmate'

'Well we both know that's not the reason'

'Perhaps...'

She bows her head, slightly embarassed at her tactless act, "Gomen! I forgot to wear it earlier this morning. I was supposed to return to the base but captain Nozel was kind enough to let me wear his instead." she explains, scratching her head as her captain nods. He was still unsettled at the thought but lets her continues anyway.

A nod of affirmation from all the captains was conventionally acquired before her grimoire flew out of her satchel on its own. But just before the spectators could have a closer inspection of her book, Nozel's Mercury Magic creates a shield that blinds their view of the exhibition of her magic, earning a groan and whine here and there.