𝟭𝟬. old habits die hard

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN . OLD HABITS DIE HARD
ARC TWO

▅▅▅

DULCET LAUGHTER FILLED the air as three figures ran around the Royal garden, trying to see which of them was more competent and suited for a tournament nearing that third of august.

"You're a girl." one of them, the impatient silver-haired boy, spat out as he crossed both of his arms in front of him.

The only girl between the trio raised a brow, "Excuse me? There is nothing wrong with being a girl and joining." she hissed as the eldest of them, another boy with vermilion locks, stood in between.

"I think what he's trying to say is that it is unorthodox..." he trailed off, hoping that she caught on.

"And so? Let me make history then." the girl flipped her hair and decided to disregard the daggers one of them sent in her direction.

He furiously walked towards her and grabbed her wrist, gently, as to not cause another fight, "Then let us spar. The first to lose will pull out from the competition." she faced the two of them, a sly grin present on her visage.

"As long as you promise to be fair, my liege."

The young silver-haired boy scoffed in disbelief, "When have I ever been unfair?"

"When you always want roast duck for dinner. I swear, another one of those, and I will throw up." the vermillion immediately shot back, imitating a gesture of a person who was puking.

"Whatever. Do you accept or do you decline?"

Wine-like rubies met with a pair of  sharp lilac irises before nodding their heads in unison, "Challenge accepted, Silva."