𝟭𝟭. the golden boy

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN . THE GOLDEN BOY 
ARC TWO

▅▅▅

CUNNINGNESS, FLEXIBILITY, AND integrity. If one were to ever ask any person the qualities they perceive that a perfect candidate of an undercover agent should possess, these three would always be mentioned.

At the young age of six, Artemis had received her first mission of being a covert to the former Wizard King before Julius. Her task was as simple as to eavesdrop on the conversation of a certain head of a Noble House that he suspected was against him. But the 27th Magic Emperor, did not expect that the young girl would provide him with the complete list of those involved in a scheme against him.

So, she was used to their— the Higher-ups— disposal, most advantageously. 

But Julius had always reminded her of certain classifications she had to uphold, which were the three previously mentioned. And yet somehow, the maiden now found herself at the question whether those three would be useful to her in the situation she was currently placed in. 

Artemis closed her eyes shut for a moment,  as she suppressed her mana from being spewed onto them, who in her opinion, she tried so hard to understand. 

"They're bleeding..." she whispered with furrowed brows, eyes fixed on the people who begged for dear life as different kinds of liquid were injected into them.

The children were strapped against a cold metal bar that served as the frame of their bodies. As much as the victims of the bloody experiment would rather not see what it was that would be drugged into them, the sharp needle was too difficult not to look at.

"How many are they this month?" Julius questioned on the other end of the magical device. While he may seem calmer than the maiden who hid perfectly in the shadows, he was genuinely concerned for the well-being of these citizens, even if they weren't from Clover.

What was written on the paper, 'Monitor Diamond Kingdom's progress with their human hybrid experiments' was easier to grasp when it was there on the piece of parchment she held. It was late when Artemis realized the consequences of accepting being Julius' espionage again. 

Ultimately, if there was anything Artemis despised more than her monthly period, it would be having a position to act, but not having the power to take action.

"Three..."

"That's two less than last time,"

Artemis scoffed, "As if that makes it any better."

The Wizard King raised a brow at the tone of his goddaughter's voice who seemed indignant for some sort of reason, but opted not to make a commend regarding it, "So, there's three but...?"