𝟬𝟴. of futile meetings

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT . OF FUTILE MEETINGS
ARC TWO

▅▅▅

"YOU ACTUALLY CAME." these were the first words that welcomed Artemis as she walked inside the conference room of Clover's castle where the Captains meeting was supposed to take place fifteen minutes ago but was postponed as they needed her present.

The maiden sighed before she curtsied, "Thank you for stating the obvious, Captain Nozel. And I do apologize for my lateness. I had pressing affairs that needed immediate attention" she explained, making her way to the seat which was at the other end of the table, beside her captain, and Fuegoleon.

"A matter much more important than this meeting?" Nozel added, confusing the woman if his tone was of amusement or irritation. Nevertheless she was unfazed by his question.

"I'll explain everything later—Lord Julius, the meeting sir?" they turned their eyes to the Wizard King, whose pupils were replaced with stars as he read the report that was submitted earlier by her Royal Highness herself.

"Oh, yes!" Julius exclaimed, attempting to hide the fact that the meeting was long forgotten in his mind the moment he had his hands on the written account of Artemis' latest mission, but failed miserably as the mages present in the room knew him too well.

"So you see, many towns have been,... uhm, poisoned lately." he began, with Marx handing each of them a document that caused them to furrow their brows, "Particularly those from the Common and Forsaken Realm." Yami flipped the page, but was puzzled, seeing that there was not much information written about the situation.

"Huh, this is it?" Yami asked as Charlotte rolled her eyes. 'He's seriously commenting that when it's very obvious?' the woman thought, trying to use this to ease the beating of her racing heart.

Julius fixed his posture as he clasped both of his hands and placed them on the table, "No. This is the part where it gets... odd." the Wizard King's royal adviser proceeds in projecting what seemed like two hooded figures.

Their capes were similar, but the most noticeable difference between the two was the material used. Both had the same color; white, and yet one of them seemed to be made out of leather, while the other wore theirs that completely a diaphanous kind of fabric.

"According to the witnesses, the leather-cloaked person is responsible for spreading this unknown toxin, while the other has been visiting to help them." Fuegoleon placed a hand on his chin and closed his eyes to evaluate the predicament at hand.