𝟬𝟳. the beginning of a journey

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN . THE BEGINNING OF A JOURNEY
ARC TWO

▅▅▅

ALL THE SPECTATORS and candidates remain silent, unable to process what had happened before their very eyes— though such silence was heckled after Asta claims his plans about becoming the next Wizard King, to which they respond by throwing a wave of insults at the poor boy.

"Artemis-channn~~! How did you know he was strong? " Rill inquisitively asks, praising her in his mind for her gracefulness. "I did say that didn't I." she calmly responds, her hands playing with the fluff balls on William's mask that he found relaxing, although he would not admit that, atleast not out loud.

Nozel's stoic face returns, disregarding the placidity occurring down below, his eyes darting at her hands before hesitantly adding another question with furrowed brows, "Then how come he couldn't do anything? Truth be told I could not sense mana from him at all so how did he cancel his magic?" 

She halts her actions, dropping both of her arms to her side before answering impassively, "Is that so? But I do recall I never meant magical strength because I was implying physical. And you won't be able to sense mana in him because he doesn't have any." she was still not looking at Nozel, and made sure he gets the vibe she's giving off: You need to apologize. 

'So she saw...' Nozel concluded, his mind drifting towards trying to explain the situation to her as the woman was overly-protective of Noelle. 

 Charlotte who's still confused as the others tilts her head, "What do you mean he does not have any? How come he has a grimoire?" she inquires at the green-haired mage who was now fiddling with the two feathers on her captain's mask.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes as they stare at her, "I cannot tell much as it will ruin the whole purpose and kill the significance of the entrance test itself, but rest assured, he really is manaless, the sword from his grimoire... I have no idea at all." They all sigh in defeat.

'His magic is still negating mine...' the maiden thought as she stared at Asta's sword. She had done her research regarding the boy's eerie power, and yet after years of searching for an answer, she was still empty-handed.

The captains were truly taken aback by the boy's sudden comeback, but they pondered on two things: How could he perform other tasks without magic? What is the source of this magic? After collecting their thoughts, they look ahead and wait for the next pairs who would spar.

Smiling to herself as if to assure her that his sword was not basically draining her own, Artemis' eyes dart upon a pair of golden eyes, glimmering in the dark behind the pillar where Yuno stood.

Her sense suddenly becomes numb, and what was once the asymmetrical lines that filled the arena reappeared, but went completely gone in a blink of an eye. Despite the oddity of such flash, the participants continue their gossiping, as if they have not noticed it.