𝟬𝟱. magic knights exam!

IRIDESCENT ARC TWO . PREVIEW

     "A sacrifice made for the benefit of Clover is a meaningful one. Every person in this Kingdom is important and you cannot tell me otherwise!"  Artemis reasoned with gritted teeth.

     Nozel clenched his jaw, before pulling Artemis into his arms. This woman. She meant so much to him and the Kingdom she wasn't even wholly aware of her value. 

     "It is," he breathed, "But is every life truly worth saving if it means giving up your own?"

     After all, what is a sacrifice without the expense of its savior?

arc two | embers of the sun; start.

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE . MAGIC KNIGHTS EXAM 1
ARC TWO

▅▅▅

- a few years later -

SCATTERED PARCHMENTS OF paper littered the floorboards of the room Artemis owned at their base. Acting rather uncharacteristically as she always appreciated everything she would receive from anyone, everywhere— such was now unseen, as if a theory being debunked.

The culprit, behind the messy crime scene? her stomach.

Restless nights filled with sudden thoughts of eating cake has been restraining Artemis from getting any sleep. Despite eating a large amount of it every week, the inkling sensation of having her hands on the scrumptious delicacy never left her mind.

However, even she knew these thoughts had to stop as today's agenda was important, add that to the fact that her Royal Highness is also faced with them again. She never once hated her role during the exam, in fact, she looked forward to doing it every year, but their inquiries were sometimes... too demanding.