𝟬𝟵. the maiden named mist

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE . THE MAIDEN NAMED MIST
ARC TWO

▅▅▅

DARK EYES STARED boringly at the locality he was tasked to go to. The usually undecipherable and unpredictable thoughts it held no longer swirled in his black orbs for he, as well as his fellow comrades, are beginning to worry about the poison spreading across the kingdom. 

The captain's meeting was last week, but the numbers of those who have been affected by the poison grew at an alarming number over the weekend.

If only that was the only problem that compromised them. 

Artemis, who was last seen at the castle gates, has been missing for over a week. Augustus was fuming in anger, not because she ditched her duties and responsibilities as a woman of highest aristocracy, but because instead of sleeping peacefully without one care of the world on the lap of either of his two wives, he now has to deal with the balls, meetings, and assemblies she swore to take after.

Though missing out on a week's worth of paperwork and conferences is quite a big deal, their problems were actually on a different side of the grass. Clover's Princess, in her free time, has been studying herbology for years. At this time, she would've been of great help, not to mention that her ministrations could've fastened the process of creating an antidote. 

But she just had to disappear now. Of all times.

Different squads were soon assigned to investigate this peculiar toxin. And Yami, out of all the captains, has been given the most crucial role: visiting the village the culprit last went to, also known as the epicenter of this unknown plague where it was a hot mess.

Julius and Marx were able to skillfully identify the exact coordinates of the criminal mastermind with the assistance of newly created devices that had a potent of magic. However, catching up to them was more difficult than it seemed, for whoever this mage may be, was a clever one, as they have the capability to teleport from place to place.

The Wizard King and his adviser then concluded that he had a spatial mage with them.

Huffing the smoke that came from the cigarette in his mouth, Yami's eyes were surveying the village. Blending in wasn't problematic, oh no. He easily mingled well with the people there. 

What he did find difficulty in was staring at those who have been affected by the bane. The affected body part of those who've either consumed it, or merely grazed the burdensome toxic had their skin color, and blood, turning purple. 

It was loathsome and repugnance-worthy in the eyes of many. The bleeding of the wounds was non-stop, and from what the villagers had told him, the victims were in terrible pain: an excruciating kind, where sleep wasn't even a possibility.