32.

Calum

I sit in my bed with the guitar in my lap and I strum the strings softly as I play the chords I'd written that day. They weren't bad, nor were they perfect, but they reminded me of her.

I stare into her window as she lays on her bed, Ralph and Oreo laying beside her and she gently pets them both. She has been smiling since she got in there and I can't help but wonder why. I pick up my phone and call her. She leaps from her bed and picks up the phone.

"Yes?" She asks, her smile still in place.

"Want to come over?" I ask her and she says yes and hangs up before anything else can be said. Not long later I hear her knocking on the door downstairs and I text her tell her to come up. Mom isn't here and I want her all to myself.

She enters my room and I pat the bed beside me, setting the guitar against the wall on the stand. She lays on her side and leans on her fist. "Hi." She says simply. I run my thumb over her beautiful, but now blackened eye. She tries to cover it with a little makeup, but you can still see it under the concealer. But God, even with the black she was still the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen in my life.

I push her onto her back and I wrap my arms around her waist, laying my head on her chest. "Hi. Did you know boobs make wonderful pillows?" I ask her.

"If you had them you wouldn't think so." She says and readjusts my head.  "Kinda painful, to be honest, but whatever makes you happy, baby." She says.

"I like it when you call me that." I mumble.

"Do you?" She asks innocently.

"Mhm," I mumble and close my eyes. "Do you want to stay here tonight?" I ask her.

''I guess," She says. "As long has we do it once or seven times. Been in the mood for a while." She says and I can't help but laugh. It's the first time I've heard her say something like that and quite frankly, I liked it.

"Holy shit, I wasn't expecting that at all." I say and sit up and look at her. She blushes and smiles.

"What?" She asks. "if it bothers you with I won't say it again."

"Oh, shut up." I say and kiss her softly, slowly crawling up so I can lean over her. "But, in order for any it that to happen, all of this has to go." I say, gesturing at her clothes and she smiles.

"Yes, ma'am." She says and removes her shirt.

***

She lays naked against me and she breaths softly, her sleeping form rising slowly as she does. I run my hands through her hair and smile. I push the strands out of her face and she frowns in her sleep, her nose scrunches and she makes the most adorable face as she tries to scoot closer, but she is as close as it gets.

"I love you." I whispers softly. I kiss her nose and I close my eyes.

I wake up the next morning and my bed is empty. I stand up, pull on my sweats and I notice she and her clothes are gone. "Well, damn." I mutter, not very happily, and I walk to the top of my stairs and I stop when I hear voices. Mom and Emily. "Oh, no." I say and groan softly before quickly running down and I see them both sitting in the kitchen. Emily shoots me a look and mom smiles.

"Hey, guys." I say cautiously.

"Hi, love. Sleep well?" Mom asks me and I am slow to answer.

My first thoughts are, it's a trap. "Uh, yeah, great." I say after a small pause.

"I told your mom how you let me stay in the guest room last night because I got locked out of my house." Emily tells me the lie with ease and I nod.