"Why are you an hour late?" Luke asks as we walk into Lyle's parent free house.  He had his hands on his hips as if he were about to scold us both, but then he gave us the biggest smile he could muster.

"She is so aggressive, and hot when she is angry." Calum says and I roll my eyes, walking over to Lily, she smiles at me and puts and arm around my shoulder, apologizing for what she heard about me getting suspended. It wasn't so bad now. I wasn't as angry as I was earlier, I came to accept that sometimes things just happen. Calum kissed me on the cheek as he passed and Lily shook her head.

"Must we have the talk?" She asks me and I frown at her question.

"Yes, mommy, where do babies come from?" I ask and she laughs.

"Well, When a Calum and an Emily love each other very much, they decide to fuck and miss out on the party-" I put my hand quickly over her hand.

"Hold up there, cowboy, I think I've heard enough." I laugh and she walks on.

I stand against the wall of the room as I watch some people I don't know walk in carrying alcohol and I know this will be exactly like every other party  they say 'won't get that big' and I shake my head. These things were always disasters, I didn't want any part of it, but I would do my best for the sake of my friends.

"Come on bestie, we have booze to drink." Lyle walks over and puts his arm around my shoulder. I notice that just like every other time, this kid was already drunk. It made me worry about him and what all the drinking would do to him in the future. He looks down at me and I smile at him.

"Let's get this thing started." I say and he cheers as he empties a beer bottle and tosses it at a trash can.

***

"Listen, listen here," Ashton stands on a lawn chair in the backyard and everybody laughs as he takes a superhero stance after he finally gains his balance. "Boys and ladies! Soon, our last year of shit-ass school will be over and we will all be moving to big things!" He raises his arms in the air with a wide smile.

"No speech Ashton, please." Michael begs him. He wasn't as drunk as everyone else was growing to be.

"No, dear buddy, there must be a speech," Ashton throws his bottle down and it breaks on the ground, causing him to giggle to himself. "First, I need another beer." He jumps down.

"Thank God, I was worried he'd start getting all emotional," Calum says and fake gags. He looked amazing as he sat cross legged across from me in the grass. He had a black tank top on with a loose yellow shirt over it and black jeans. His hair was messy and had grass in it from me previously throwing it at him. He picked at the earth with his fingers and his eyes flick up to me "Why are you staring at me?"

"You're beautiful." I say simply and he laughs.

"Thanks, Emily. I appreciate that." He shakes his head and I move closer to him, leaning my body in his.

"What do you want to do after highschool?" I ask him as I lazily rub his arm. He sighs deeply and rests his chin against the top of my head.

"I have no idea, honestly. Maybe stick with the band and maybe that will go somewhere, I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"Everything and anything, I haven't quite made up my mind either."

"Will you still live me in this undecided future if yours?" He asks me as he kisses me temple

"I'm sure I can if I try really hard." I say and he pokes me in the side and I laugh.

"I'm back!" Ashton says and instead of standing in his previous spot, he lays in his side in the grass. "As I was saying before I rudely interrupted myself,  I... Uh, I actually don't remember, but anyway, we are near the brink of real adulthood. We are starting whatever fucked chapter is next in the books and I just want to say that I love y'all. Here's to us and everything we won't do because we aren't that good at anything!" He raises his beer to the air and then chugs it. Everyone in our group raises their own and cheers.