Chapter 60: Letting Her Go

Athena's POV.

"I am letting you go," he said. I look at his eyes. He is sincere on what  he said. All I can see is pain. Pain that no one can heals but me.

"R-Rain..."

I see tears falling from him. He's crying. I didn't saw him crying before. Bakit ganun? Bakit parang nagui-guilty ako? Why am I acting like this? I try to hug him but he refused.

"Please don't do it Athena. Please. Don't make it hard for me," he said. He's crying so hard. I can't imagine myself to see a man crying over me.

Naiyak na rin ako sa set up na'to. So it means...

"It means we are not friends anymore? But R-Rain."

"Silly. I am letting you go. I am setting you free for courting you. For being your man to be. Gusto ko na maging official na kayo ni Chriss," he said with full of sincerity.

I can't understand him why. In spite of feeling guilt, I can feel happiness inside of me. A part of me wanted to hug him for giving up but I can't because after all, he's still my friend.

"But why? I-I can't understand Rain."

"Maybe because I believed in a saying that if you really love that person but that person loves someone else then you have to let her or him go. You must learn to set her or him free..."

I see pain inside of him. I feel it. Napahagulgol na lang din ako.

"I love you Athena. Matagal na pero wala akong lakas ng loob para aminin sa'yo noon. I hired a private investigator just to find you pero iba pala ang madadatnan ko. Sabi ko noon magiging akin ka but no. I was wrong. You are happy with him. I can see it in your eyes. You are madly in love with him," he said.

More tears coming from my eyes. I didn't expect that this will happen. Pagkatapos ng saya kanina, ngayon naman nakaramdam ako ng lungkot.

He's right. I am madly in love with Chriss. I can't blame myself for falling in love to him. He let a sigh. I know he feels stress about this set up too.

"I shouldn't come to you. I'm sorry for hurting you years ago. I'm sorry for not..." he sobs. But he still manage to talk.

"...n-not being honest about my feelings to you. Kung mas maaga ko lang sana naamin sayo siguro tayo na but no. Siguro ganon talaga. But remember this Athena..." he said and then he put his hands on my shoulders.

"...No matter what happen I will stay as your friend. I'll protect you. I'll be your shoulder to cry on and I'll be your shield when in you are so much in pain. That's the least I can do for you."

He show me his smile. But behind those smile, there's sadness and pain on it.

"O-Okay? I won't say good bye. We will stay as friends forever. Remember that I'm always right here whenever you need me."

"R-Rain? I'm sorry for everything. A-and thank you for all the things you've done," I said with full of sincerity.

"It's okay. Susunduin ka niya. Just wait for him."

He said and leaves me with so many people watching fireworks. This is the night I won't forget. This is magical night for me. There's someone who gave up his feelings just for me to be happy.

Pinikit ko ang mga mata ko. I have to make a wish before the fireworks end. Sabi kasi nila kapag nag wish ka sa fireworks, there's a chance na matutupad ang hiling mo. Wala naman masama kung susubukan ko di ba?

I closed my eyes and put my hands together and make a wish,"Please help Rain to move on and please let him meet the one who can make him happy eternally." I said. I open eyes and I see the man who's inside of my heart.

I run towards him. Sinalo naman niya ako. I hug him so tight. I look at his eyes. I am still crying but I show my gratest smile I have.

"I love you Chriss. I love you." And the next thing I do, I kiss him. Hindi ko alintana ang dami ng tao na makakakita saamin. I want to show the world how I love this man.

-------

Chriss' POV.

I don't know what to say. I am speechless. He's giving up for Athena. I don't know if I should be thankful for him but I don't know how. The way we talk a while ago, I felt uneasiness.

I saw my phone beeps. I got a call from unknown number. I tap the answered button. And hearing his voice, I know it's him.

"Chriss. It's me. I got your number from my friend. Si Jade. I need a favor to ask. Please ikaw na sumundo at maghatid kay Athena pauwi," Rain said mula sa kabilang linya.

"Alright. Send me where exactly you are. I'll go there," I said and hung up.

I can't believe this. Hindi ko alam kung ano irereact ko.

*Flashback...*

"Let us spend our day together. Just us. Me and Athena. Just today," he said.

"What? Are you insane? Baka kun---" he cut off what I am supposed to say. I was so shock on what he said.

"I am letting her go," he said it seriously. No jokes.

Kahit ako naguluhan sa decision na ginawa niya. "What do you mean?"

"I am setting her free. Magiging sayo na siya. I know she's happy with you kaya wag mong sayangin. She's madly in love to you."

She's madly in love with me? Is that right? Did I heard him right?

"How can you say that?"

"I can see it to her eyes. She has a romantic feelings towards you. Iba siya when she's with me and when she's with you. She's more than happy when she's with you..."

Sacrifice. He sacrifice his love to Athena just to make her happy.

"...let me and Athena spend this day. Just this day. Pagkatapos nito, I'll leave."

"Sure. You can be with her today."

"Thank you man. But remember this kaibigan pa rin niya ako. Try to hurt her feelings at ako makakalaban mo," he said and smiled at me.

*end of flashback...*

Nakarating na ako sa Enchanted Kingdom. Pinark ko na ang kotse ko. Hinanap ko ang place na sinasabi ni Rain.

I see crowded people. Lahat ng tao nakatutok sa pinapanuod na fireworks. I look for her but I can't find her.

Mas sumiksik pa ako sa mga tao just to look for her. "Excuse me."

And there I saw her at last. She's standing in the middle of many people. Her eyes was closed but there's tears falling from her. Her both hands are closed together. She seems like she's praying something.

When she's done, she slowly open her both eyes. Sakto naman na nakatingin ako sakanya. She run towards my side. Nasalo ko siya agad.

She look at me but still there's tears in her eyes. I don't want to see her crying. She then showed me her gratest smile. This woman is the person I want to be with.

Hindi ko inaasahan ang sumunod na narinig ko.

"I love you Chriss. I love you."

Hindi ako nakapagsalita because she kiss me. She kiss me infront of many people. I respond her kisses.

I won't let you go. I won't.