Chapter 7: Dinner

Yami was sitting at his desk on Monday, trying to do some work.

His cell phone rang.

Yami picked up the phone and said, "Hello?"

"Hi, Yami." Tea said.

"Hi, Tea. What's up?" Yami asked, continuing to sign the documents. It was routine stuff, so he could afford to talk to her at the same time.

"I was wondering if you and Yugi had given any thought to having dinner with me and Tristan." Tea said.

"No. We haven't. I didn't get to see Yugi yesterday. He had to work late, and I was here most of the day. We talked a few times, but neither of us had time." Yami said.

"Are you planning to talk to him today?" Tea asked.

"I will at some point, and before you ask, yes, I will talk to him about it." Yami said.

"Thanks. I really would like to get to know him better. You know, I really like him from what I saw yesterday." Tea said.

"Glad that you think so." Yami said.

"He's is real sweet and cute. I think you've gotten yourself a ringer, Yami." Tea said.

"Thanks. Yugi's been great, even if I have only known him a little over a week." Yami said.

"Yami, have you two done anything yet?" Tea asked.

Yami rolled his eyes. "One, if Yugi and I decide to sleep together, that's our business, not yours, and I probably wouldn't tell you anyway. Two, no, we haven't because Yugi wants to take this slow. I agree with him. We'll be better off in the long run if we do." Yami said.

"Well, that's good to hear. Normally, you rush right into a relationship without thinking about whether or not this person is the one that you really want." tea said.

"Yeah, well, after that Tanisha mess, I decided that going slow might be my best bet. After all, all going fast has ever done is gotten me hurt, so I figure that going slow might be the best bet for us. I really would like this to work out. Yugi is the one for me. That, I'm sure of." Yami said.

"Well, I hope that you're right, Yami. I have to admit, Yugi's the first person that you've dated that I've actually liked right off the bat. He seems to be a real sweetheart. Kind of reminds me of Atemu's fiancé." Tea said.

"I know. Heba's a lot like him, although I haven't seen Heba in a while." Yami said.

"Speaking of which, why haven't you been to see Atemu and Heba in so long. I was talking to Atemu, and he said that you haven't been to see them in a little over a year." Tea said.

"I know, and I know that I need to go out there, but I'd rather stay here right now." Yami said.

"And work on your relationship with Yugi. I know. Anyway, just think about going out to see them before Atemu gets fed up with waiting for you to come and decides to come out there for a while." Tea said.

Yami laughed. "Okay, Tea. I'll think about it, and I'll talk to Yugi about us eating with you and Tristan. I promise." Yami said.

"Okay, Yami. Thanks. I'll talk to you later." tea said.

"All right. Bye." Yami said before he hung up the phone.

He finished signing all of the documents and then put them in a folder. He walked out of his office and handed them to June. "They are all signed, June." Yami said.