01

I watched from the passenger side of my daddy's truck as he drove with one hand on the steering wheel and the other gripping his coffee.

With the lid of the cup being completely left behind at the gas station, this came alongside with the entirety of my vision following the steam rise out of  his cup, followed by with what I didn't realize till later, a shot of whiskey most likely.

This always put me in a position of fluster. I was worried he'd make a wrong turn, or a sudden stop and the coffee would spill all over his car, causing me to be late to elementary school, yet again.

Although, my belated appearance would not be due to the coffee spilled all over my uniform. Instead, it would be for the sake of the heavy cursing filled lecture that the event would be followed by, concluding that it was my fault, no matter how unrealistic that conclusion was.

Hoping that the scenario screaming in my head would not actually happen this Monday morning, I readjusted my thoughts, and watched his lips moves as he spoke his first words of this car ride, "How's school?".

I looked down at my beaten up white vans and said, "It's okay. I'm trying to make new friends daddy!" I exclaimed & it only lead to him chuckling sarcastically.

My father wasn't exactly the nicest man you'll meet. He pushes you around until you admit he's right, and is extra sarcastic when it comes to making side notes on situations he disagreed with.

That's why my mom was most important to me. She is always there, no matter what it is. Which is so important, to have someone like that in your life.

My best friend Amber was also one of those people, but for the things like parties, boys, drama, and gossip.

Then there's Grey, he isn't exactly the best influence. He likes parties, he's mean, and bitter to almost everyone. He used to be the person i'd go to for everything, before he turned into a complete ass. Now we're, well distant with each other.

Grabbing my book bag, I stepped out of the car as we arrived at school. I smiled and waved at my dad as I walked inside of a place I call hell.

"Violet!" I didn't want to answer as soon as I recognized the voice calling my name.

"Violet, Violet, Vi-" as the calling continued my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

"What?" I said turning around, to see David. Grey's best friend who happens to have the biggest crush on me since 6th grade. I don't dislike him because of his ooo-gah feelings for me, it's because of his high-headed, backstabbing personality trait that comes along with him.

"I was just wondering if I could walk you to class." He smiled.

"Why?" I asked with much confusion.

He pulled me toward the other end of the hallway, and then we continued to walk down the corridor. "What David?"

"I need to talk to you about Grey." He said in a low whispered tone.

I stopped in the hallway and looked him dead in the eyes, "Why? Does it involve me?-" David shook his head no slyly "Because if not, I honestly don't care." then sped up because I didn't feel like hearing his bullshit.