Chapter 17

Matt's POV

Dear Matt,

If you're reading this, that means I'm already in this place called heaven, or maybe hell.. I don't know... I just want to tell you that I love you more than anything.. I love your smile, your hair, your eyes, basically everything about you..

I'm sorry that I can't be there to hug you, to kiss you or to play with your hair like i used to do.. I'm sorry that I can't say the three words... I apologise that I can't be your number one kitten again. But I promised that I will always be there for you.. REMEMBER THIS MATT! I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT...

love,

Jessie, your kitten... 

I folded the letter that I found on her night bed when I was looking for something that can remind me of her. It's been 2 months.. If you're wondering, no, she's not dead. Well, technically she did but then her pulse came back. She's not awake yet tho. The doctor said she have 0.1% chance of waking up. I believe in her. I know she's gonna wake up. I pushed the door of her hospital room. I sat on the chair next to her bed.

"hey kitten... I missed you.. Please wake up.. I can't see you suffer like this. Suffer because of me... I love you princess" I said while holding her left hand and I put my head on top of our hands and i fell into darkness..

Jess's POV

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

That's the only thing I can hear. Where am I? I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. It feels like my eyelids were glued. I don't have energy to wake up. Heck.. I can't even move my body. What happened to me...

I slowly lifted my heavy eyelids and as the strong smell of anti-bacterial cleaner filled my nose. My mouth was dry. I was laying down, in a bed it seemed, and the room was bright.  I felt like I had slept for years, but I was still tired. I felt like someone were holding my hand. When I looked to the left, I saw Matt were sleeping in a chair next to my bed.

Matt..

Oh my gosh... Matt kissing Tiffany... Me running out of the school... and then I got hit by a car.. I remembered everything. Beside Matt, there was a folded paper. Looks a lot like the paper I wrote incase I died. I moved my sore free hand brushing Matt's brown soft hair. He stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE AWAKE!! JESSIE I MISSED YOU" he said and hugged me really tightly as if I was going to leave. I pointed at my throat. He tilted his head a bit. I rolled my eyes. I mouthed "i need water" to him.

"you get hotter? what?" he said. I took a deep breath and pointed at a glass of water on the tray on the table across to the bed.

"OHH WATER?" I nodded. He quickly walk to the table and take the glass of water. I gulped the glass of water. Ahhh it feels so much better. I looked at him. His eyes were watery.

"I know we need to talk" he said.

"yes we do" I agreed.