Chapter 6

YOSEN HIGH, 6:51 am.

Bitch, you better stay away from our Himuro.

“Hitomi, Hitomi”

Slut, stop seducing him!

“HitomiiiIII!!!” I snapped out of my thoughts when Mayu used all her might to drag me out of my deep daze. Crap, I was spacing out again, wasn’t I? I blinked my eyes and shut my eyelids before opening them completely, landing their gaze on Mayu. “You’re ignoring me again!” I can see her pout as she leaned on my desk again making me back away. “What’s up with you these days?” I flinched when Mayu asked me that for the nth time this past week. Yes, a week has passed after the sports fest and that incident and only I and Himuro knew what happened. Well he told me he’d report it to the student council to investigate on it but I told him it would only make things worse so I stopped him. Since then I never stopped worrying; I even don’t eat properly anymore; even lunch. If you’re wondering, then yes, I’ve been receiving hate and threats with notes from unknown persons. Like group of girls or something. I know one of them is in our class but I choose to stay quiet to avoid trouble.

“Hitomi?” Mayu looked concerned at me so I shook my head.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I’m just thinking about the upcoming Midterm exams” I reasoned a lie, and gave her a sly smile. She didn’t look convinced though.

She shoved her face in front of mine, eyeing me suspiciously before pouting. “You’ve been like that since after the sports festival, what’s wrong? Did something happen?” she asked with a serious tone. I zipped my mouth shut. I promised myself I’m not going to tell anyone to avoid anyone getting involved.

I shook my head quietly but Mayu looked like she was going to ask further questions. Good thing our sensei suddenly entered our class and we start to have our 8th period for the day. After class, I didn’t have any extra activities and the student council has rested since midterms are coming, so I headed directly towards my locker before heading home to put my books in there. I wished I didn’t because when I arrived in front of it, tons of sticky notes were pasted on it with foul words cursing and cussing me. I don’t even want to mention the names they call me.

I quickly grabbed the stick notes, removing it from my locker crumpling it into my fist. I just went to my shoe locker, changed my shoes and go home quickly. On my way out to the gate, a basketball suddenly rolled by my feet making me feel nervous that maybe he was around. And he was. There Himuro stood like the first time I saw him asking for the ball as he opens his hands ready to catch it when I throw it back to him. I did but immediately walked away when he caught the ball to prevent from interacting with him. But it was hard. All throughout the week, I’ve been avoiding him but it just seems that we always end up in one place. I see him everywhere I go. It’s like he’s following me but he’s not and we always see each other when we walk home. Even if I don’t know where he lives. Is he stalking me?

“Hitomi, wait!” when I heard his voice, I fastened up his face. But he being a stupid basketball player had caught up with me. So I stopped and face him sternly.

“What do you want?” I sneered, showing irritation when I saw him.

“Why are you acting cold towards me these past few days? I didn’t do anything bad to you, did I?” you just talking to me are a bad thing. “Don’t tell me you’re mad at me”

“I’m not” I denied. “I just don’t want to talk to you”

“But why?” he asked, showing distress when I told him that. “You just said you’re not mad at me”