Chapter 21

I woke up with my right shoulder numb. A heavy weight was pressed on it and a long arm clamped on my waist. Lifting my eyelids up, I saw green strands of my hair, brushing on my forehead. I shift my body so my back was fully pressed on the bed and looked up at the ceiling.

Himuro’s snores are loud, it made me snort.

He was hugging me from the side that caused my arm to desensitize. I pushed him to the other side of the bed, stretching my shoulder muscles. I groaned, sitting up from the bed with a yawn.

Himuro was still in deep sleep. I smiled seeing how angelic he looks when he sleeps. Only when he sleeps; but once those eyes open and that perverted mind of his awakens, goodbye angel Himuro and hello American returnee maniac. “Mm… Tomi… Hitomi…” he murmured in his sleep. Is he seriously dreaming about me?

I sighed, getting out of the covers, putting over Himuro’s body.

I started brushing my hair and then wash my face and gurgle up some mouth wash because dang I have stinky breath. I hate morning breath.

Going to the kitchen, I brainstormed on what to prepare for breakfast. My eyes set upon the waffle maker sitting just up at the cupboard. I won it as a free price when I went grocery shopping once. I haven’t used it up until I decided to make waffles for breakfast. Yep, I’m currently stirring up a mixture.

“Now, where are my hotdogs?” I ask myself, exploring whatever filled my fridge. I found these Winnies in the freezer as I pulled it out and placed it inside a container filled with water to make the ice melt faster. I plugged in the kettle heater to boil hot water for me to make coffee for the two of us. I honestly don’t know what Himuro’s blend of coffee is. Shrugging, I grabbed two mugs and filled powder and later added two scoops of milk in them. When I finally closed the cap of the milk powder, a hand suddenly opened it again and added another scoop.

“I like 3 scoops of milk in my coffee please” a voice mumbled in my ear. It made flinch knowing it was Himuro who was awake now.

“Hi-Himuro! Good morning!” I greeted trying to hide away that I was surprised by him. I didn’t turn around and continued to stir up the mixed powders then proceeded to fry the hotdogs. Himuro stayed behind me, just watching me fry foods. I then put it in the brew with the hotdog to make the waffles.

“You put hotdogs in waffles?” Himuro asked from behind me.

I nod, “Yeah, I watch a chef made once, it looked pretty delicious” I answered, putting the finished hotdog waffles on a plate. “Here, taste it” I offered. He smiled and took a bite. It looked like a fed him but actually, I wanted to give it to him but he directly ate it.

“It’s good” he commented.

“Thanks” I simply replied.

Now that I’m alone with him in my apartment, I found it awkward since it’s my first time having someone over. Even I don’t let Kensuke stay the night here. What? That guy’s like a tornado. Once he passes through a place, it looks like it went through a state of calamity or something.

Breakfast remained quiet up until Himuro helped me wash the dishes. Once we were done, Himuro told me something surprising. “Hitomi, can I take you out today?” he suddenly asked. I looked at him and blinked.

“Why?” I responded with a question.

“I want to go on an official date with you today” he answered, smiling at me. God, that smile. That angelic pure smile – “Hitomi?”

“Um, okay, sure, whatever…” I muttered frantically. I can’t believe I day dreamed about him right in front of him. Man, I don’t know what’s wrong with me today. Is it because of yesterday? And that clinic scene? And those 3 words we exchanged? Everything seems so vague right now that my mind’s having trouble processing.