Chapter 14

Yoshio Hitomi's POV

Tokyo, 7:36 am.

“Hurry! Hurry! The shrine’s this way!” Mayu rushed us while climbing up the stairs towards a shrine or temple here in Tokyo. It’s the same shrine we always visit during New Year’s or even before Christmas. Mayu and I used to live here in Tokyo. When I moved to Akita, she tried her best to convince her parents to follow us there. She didn’t want to stay in Tokyo without me. “Hitomi~!”

“I got it, sheesh. Why are you in such a rush anyway?” I asked, trying to keep up with the others. I realized Yumi wasn’t at my side so I glanced back down to see her panting in exhaustion. Her tiny body must be tired already and couldn’t keep up with the height of the stairs. “Yumi, are you alright? Do you want me to carry you?” I went down a few steps, to go see if Yumi was alright.

The little girl straightened up and shook her head. “I-I’m fine Hitomin! I can do this!” she persisted and continued to step up. Man, she doesn’t like to look weak, does she? I smiled inwardly.

“Well you need help, just ask Murasakibara to carry you, okay?” I teased her a bit, patting her cotton like hair softly. It made her blush and look at me.

“I don’t wanna! I’ll just be a burden to him!” she pouted as we walked up the stairs together. We were falling behind a little. Kensuke was walking with Kaichou and Himuro was with his two teammates, Liu and Murasakibara. Their captain’s not with them though since he visited his grandmother in town, if that’s what I remember. “Murasakibara-kun…” Yumi murmured staring at her crush.

“So, how was that dance he gave you?” I asked referring to the earlier event. It was pretty cute actually. I didn’t know opposite sizes would look adorable. Murasakibara is tall and on the other hand, Yumi, the puny girl, dancing in the snow. Yumi had to raise her head to look at him and Murasakibara looking down. Her head reached only up to his waist.

“H-How did you know that?! Or rather… Did you two do that on purpose just for Murasakibara-kun to dance me?” Yumi pouted, glancing at me.

I shrugged. “We knew you two were watching but we decided to ignore it. Himuro just offered me a dance because he felt like he needs to give me one. He didn’t intend for you two to do it though” I explained as Yumi started to think. “Maybe he just wanted to dance you”

“That’s impossible” the little girl denied, shaking her head. “Murasakibara-kun doesn’t like me back” I raised an eyebrow at her.

“How can you be so sure, Yumi?”

“Because when I confessed to him, he told me he was proud to be my friend!” oh…

Judging by Murasakibara’s IQ… “Yumi, with Murasakibara’s intelligence, I assume 100% that he didn’t know that he was friendzoning you. I bet he doesn’t even know what a friendzone is”

“He doesn’t…” Bingo.

Yumi looked down so I decided to cheer her up and patted her head again. “Don’t worry Yumi. You still have a chance. Besides, who wouldn’t like a cute and sweet girl like you?” I smiled at her. I’ve been smiling more often now…

Yumi’s eyes lit up as she hugged me. “You’re the best Hitomin! I love you so much!” she says happily.

“Oi! Hitomi! Shiraga-chan! What’s keeping you guys so long?” Mayu whined from on top of the stairs, waving her hand at us. “C’mon! it’s just a few steps away!”

I sighed. “Coming!” I shouted back then turned to Yumi. “Can you still walk, Yumi?” she nodded her head. I held her hand. “Let’s go then”